Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stretched pouch/ slipped band???

I am just curious to know how can one tell if the pouch is stretched or the band has slipped????? I hear this soooo often and i just wanted to know if there are any symtoms???

I wouldn't worry about a stretched pouch too much. According to my doc you would have to seriously overeat for a long time in order to stretch the pouch. As someone who took that one bite too much the other day, I can tell you that kind of pain is not something I'm going to repeat often enough to have any kind of worry about a stretched pouch.

I was wishing they made a throat plunger because I truly felt 'stopped up'.

.I don't know about a slipped band.

Most surgeons sew your stomach around the band now so that it won't slip. Of course, if you haven't had your surgery yet, this is something you would want to ask your surgeon about beforehand.

from just going through the surgery to repair a slipped band that was caused by(vomiting) over christmas by my stomach being inflamed by a fill or over fill. Along with a stomach virus or flu like crap. My band had been in at that time almost a year and sewn in very well, the 25 plus times in the bathroom to vomit slipped the band the Dr. thinks. Any how the swallow test showed a band that had slipped and a area of the stomach pulling through the band. With the band unfilled I could only eat 4 small bites of anything and I would be in pain. This is the deal which lead the Dr. to look for the slipped band. They did the swallow test on wed Jan 6 at 10am by 1:30pm I was on my way to the OR for surgery what a way to ruin a day. I am fine no erosion the band was removed and re attached just above where it had been located, my pouch will be a little smaller somewhat but i don't see that as a big issue. I am just glad it could be saved and I still have my band. My Dr. cares enough to see the problem and fix it asap. No bull no time wasting to give it a chance to cause other problems. If this helps great, if not sorry I wasted you time. Scotty d:thumbup:

i wouldn't worry about a stretched pouch too much. According to my doc you would have to seriously overeat for a long time in order to stretch the pouch. As someone who took that one bite too much the other day, i can tell you that kind of pain is not something i'm going to repeat often enough to have any kind of worry about a stretched pouch.

I was wishing they made a throat plunger because i truly felt 'stopped up'.

.i don't know about a slipped band.

thanks....i was just curious...i be feeling stuffed and i have not gotten my first fill yet...i just had surgery on 12/17/09 and i will have my first fill on 1/12...wish me luck...