Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am currently in the process of researching whom I would like to get my lapband done through. Right now Im leaning towards True Results in Austin Tx. I will unfortunately have to finance my surgery since TX bcbs doesn't cover it even if it is medically necessary. I'm fairly overwhelmed at this point :thumbup: and am open to any suggestions or pointers. Hope to talk to all of you soon.:tt2:

Hi ash,

I'm sure you'll figure out who you want to do your surgery. When I went to my seminar, the surgeon there specifically told us, that if our insurance didn't cover the surgery, that they had an "in-house" program to help. Maybe you could inquire with whomever you choose as your surgeon to find out what for financing programs they have.

Good luck, keep us posted on how your making out.

Tina

Hi ash,

I'm sure you'll figure out who you want to do your surgery. When I went to my seminar, the surgeon there specifically told us, that if our insurance didn't cover the surgery, that they had an "in-house" program to help. Maybe you could inquire with whomever you choose as your surgeon to find out what for financing programs they have.

Good luck, keep us posted on how your making out.

Tina

Thank you for the reply. I actually went to two different seminars one for True Results whom offer financing through credit care the total cost there is 15,000. Then one seminar at southwest bariatric in Austin they specialize in the REALIZE band. They where not very helpful once I was denied by my insurance, so now I am leaning more toward True Results. I'm just worried about all the steps I have to take and of course I am continuously second guessing myself.:thumbup:

Ash,

Just remember, everyone here has to go through all the steps too. We might not have to finance however, in order to get the band we all have to go through the steps. Just remember this is about you, and your future...Don't give up! I know myself I'm getting anxious, I've done everything except a chest x-ray and my last blood work...the psych evaluation and my other appointments were cake.. they scheduled them right after my seminar which was Sept. 09...the worst thing for me was that my Dr. made me get a sleep study done...I won't even tell you how bad it was ..it was awful.. but regardless, just hang in there, and know that we're all here, going through the same thing...don't second guess yourself :thumbup:

Ash,

Just remember, everyone here has to go through all the steps too. We might not have to finance however, in order to get the band we all have to go through the steps. Just remember this is about you, and your future...Don't give up! I know myself I'm getting anxious, I've done everything except a chest x-ray and my last blood work...the psych evaluation and my other appointments were cake.. they scheduled them right after my seminar which was Sept. 09...the worst thing for me was that my Dr. made me get a sleep study done...I won't even tell you how bad it was ..it was awful.. but regardless, just hang in there, and know that we're all here, going through the same thing...don't second guess yourself :blush:

Thank you for your kind word of encouragement they mean a lot. I have an appointment to have an individual meeting tomorrow and Im so excited!

Ash,

Your more than welcome. I myself am also getting excited! I'm ready to take on this new journey in my life.

Best of luck to you... keep in touch!

Hi! I financed through Care Credit and had surgery at the True Results location in Scottsdale, Arizona because the insurance I had at the time excluded bariatric procedures. It actually was pretty easy. In some ways, I think it's easier to finance.

You can read about my financing and pre-operative testing if you'd like by going to Gastric What? . Basically, I went in on a Tuesday, did my pre-op testing on Thursday, and had surgery scheduled for four weeks later when I walked out of the office that day.

I don't know if the process differs from one True Results office to the next, though. I'd be interested if you'd let me know how it goes for you if you go through them (and even if you don't!).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions I can answer.

I had my surgery done in Mexico and it was fantastic! And only 5995. I used Dr. Lopez Corvala. I had a fantastic experience and will recommend this doctor to everyone.

Hi! I financed through Care Credit and had surgery at the True Results location in Scottsdale, Arizona because the insurance I had at the time excluded bariatric procedures. It actually was pretty easy. In some ways, I think it's easier to finance.

You can read about my financing and pre-operative testing if you'd like by going to Gastric What? . Basically, I went in on a Tuesday, did my pre-op testing on Thursday, and had surgery scheduled for four weeks later when I walked out of the office that day.

I don't know if the process differs from one True Results office to the next, though. I'd be interested if you'd let me know how it goes for you if you go through them (and even if you don't!).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions I can answer.

Cool I will check that out and thanks I sure will keep you updated. :thumbup:

I had my surgery done in Mexico and it was fantastic! And only 5995. I used Dr. Lopez Corvala. I had a fantastic experience and will recommend this doctor to everyone.

I have brought Mexico up to my family and um well simple put they said NO! So I just dropped the subject no point in arguing.

Hi Ash23,

I'm new to this site and from Kyle, TX and just had surgery on 11/4/09 at Scott & White in Temple. I started out with True Results in Austin in 9/08 and went all the way through all my requirements for insurance which is through BCBS too, and at my 6 mo Weight Loss Valuation at True Results they told me my that BCBS would not cover them to do the surgery, that I had to go to a hospital that BCBS would cover and the closest one was Temple, so I I found Dr. Richard Symmonds at Scott & White. They required me to go to a seminar with them, which I went on 3/15/09 and it took their business office forever to process my paperwork, but I finally go my call to visit the surgeon in July. They accepted all my paperwork from True Results submitted to my insurance and I was approved and had surgery. I don't know if my BCBS is different than yours, but you might give them a call and see if it will work for you. It's a pain to drive to Temple each time to get a fill, but at least I finally got the surgery done.

hi,

i'm still in the process of all the happy doctors appt. i dont have a date set yet hopfully sone i can't wait. well i wish you luck.