Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my one year bandiversary! I am almost to goal (30 more pounds - which seems like nothing compared to my starting weight), I have never felt better in my life and I am finally happy! I only needed 3 fills to get to my sweet spot which I hit last July. I haven't been a regular poster BUT I have been a regular reader and I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time for posting and replying because you have answered ALL of my questions even some my doctor wouldn't. And to those new bandsters who think they will never have restriction - just have patience - you will get there and then you will wish you could eat something without slimeing. To anyone just thinking about doing it - JUST DO IT! It will change your life forever!!!

Thank you bandsters!

Congrats!!!! I am only beginning my journey and look forward to that one year bandiversary!!!!! Glad you feel better!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

congrats longlegsally (lol) jk thats cute congrats I am due to be banded on thursday the 7th. Yikes I am soooo scared hope to make a good year like you did you look awsome..... what kind of things did you eat and did you excersie if soo how much omg i am sorry i have sooo many questions oh n btw happy new year!!!! thanks for your post gives me LOTS of hope!!!!! keep it up!!!

Congrats!!!

Yea - I'm approaching 1 year, but am not close to your success! I have lost 54 pounds, another 50-70 to go, hope I get there by year 2! Slow and steady!

Congratulations on your success!

My one year bandiversary is coming up at the end of March. I'm hoping to hit the 100lbs. lost mark by that point, but if not, I'm closer than I was a year ago.

Congrats again! Enjoy your "new" life!

Karyn :thumbup:

Congrats to you! I can't wait to see where I am at the one year mark. You should be so proud of yourself!

Wow! Your success is amazing, and you're well on your way to your goal. I was banded on 12/31/09, and am still in the liquid phase. Your success is inspiring. Thanks!

Congratulations! You are doing a great job, keep up the good work!

Congrats!!! I am at my 8th month....like you slow and steady.

Good luck in the New Year!

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! Good Luck on reaching your goal. You are almost there!

CONGRATULATIONS and happy bandiversary!! What a wonderful accomplishment! You are definitely inspiration for a lot of us newbies!

Here's to that last 30! Congrats again!

thank you for your info. its encouraging to see someone at there 1 year annisversary and doing great it will be one year for me on 01-21-2010 and i am happy with my weight lost as well. i cant wait to get to the 100 lb loss mark. be bless nad congrats again

youre an inspiration! great job!!!

Thanks for all your good wishes. My background is: my starting weight was 279, I am now at 182 and my goal is 150. I am 5'10. I started a walking club with a couple of girls that I met at my LB doctor's support group and we still walk every week. I walk about 20 miles a week but now I can even run! It really does help if you can find a walking buddy cuz we just start talking and before you know it 7 miles are done! My daily diet consists of a WL shake from costco (I like them the best), tuna salad for lunch or a lean cuisine (which usually goes cold before I can eat it) and maybe a taco for dinner. I might add another WL shake or a Protein Bar in or a banana. I have never been able to eat bread since the surgery only can eat tortilla which kind of sucks but you get used to it. The only draw back has been the hair loss but luckily I had plenty of it. I am still losing it and I take Biotin supplements. I must admit I have not been a regular Vitamin taker - I can never seem to remember which might have something to do with the Hair loss. Have to make a concerted effort to get my Water in because there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do all the drinking and eating. It is a great feeling not to think about food all the time though. Good luck to all of you!

Happy New Year!