Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchin Into 2010!!

Just checking in. Nothing new much for last week. My junk food cravings came back. This time it's a stress issue. Like everyone else my bills and the fact I don't have control over it.

It's light enough in the mornings to walk the streets to the gym now. So morning gym, here I come. I was doing morning exercises at home. It felt good but, since I'm paying for a gym, I want to get the most for my money. Morning and evening exercises is it. I'll be doing hula hoop classes the end of the month. There is a site; "MeetUp.com" go to it. You'll find interest groups in your area. That's how I found out about the hula hoop and curvy women's group exercise and a few others. Let me know if you've found something interesting.

So i definately started off the year with extra pounds (10lbs o be exact.. damn cookies) from the holiday... but im not going to let that bother me..

Im back on the ball... well at least somewhat ... i've gone back to my weight watcher way because i really need that group motivation to keep me going and the weekly weigh-ins to keep me accountable!!!

Im already down 4lbs and it hasnt been even a whole week.. so im proud of myself..

Next line in action is to religiously go to the gym... that is the next feat. i have to accomplish.... i go now but like 1-2 times a week i want to get that back up 4-5times a week..

I keep thinking to myself i have gotten to far to give up now and put the weight back on... this is the year i move from the overweight category to the normal weight/BMI..:w00t:

Edited by Jeni 85

Good Morning to Everyone.

Jeni we all know by now what our weaknesses are. We know by now how to overcome it. So, although we are hard on ourselves we've come a long way.

I now know when I've lost control of my eating. It's junk food. For some reason, I'm controlling my food intake but the junk food wins out. So, now I need to get control of that and I will be able to maintain the weight goal when I reach it.

So, again we're still learning how to get and control our weight loss. It's not over for we still come back and start again. Alwlays with a new game plan and renewed strength.

We know we're not going to give up. It's easy to lose control but hard to get back on track.

But we do it every time. And we're doing it again. Especially since we are with others who are going through the same thing at the same time.

So, March, 2010, we may not reach our weight goal, but we will have lost more weight.

Whoooppe for us.

Hello everyhone, just checking in. I made it to the gym 2x this week in the mornings. It felt so good. Then I tried for the hula hoop class but the was no class that night. So I'll try again next week.

Each morning it gets lighter and lighter, so I'll be able to get to the gym earlier in the mornings. And I'm going to start back to evening cardio and aerobics classes. I hope by the end of the month I'll be able to see some weight loss.

So, how are you doing?

hi everyone,

checking in....sorry i've been MIA. i have this bad habit of when i'm struggling...i hide....it's crazy. that's when i need to share with everyone the most....

i have alot going on that is causing me stress. it's not bad stuff but nonetheless stressful. 2 of them are are the top of those "stress lists". i'm moving from a house i just had built 3 years ago. i love the house...but...i am also getting married. my fiance has to live in the town that he is the head of the bank. i knew this from day one. in theory it all sounded fine...but going through it is a little hard.

i really have seen my "headhunger" in action. it is so CLEAR. when i get off the phone with the realtor after a tough conversation....i immediately want to eat....ANYTHING but it has to be bad stuff.

the good news i got back to the gym so it is making me have some sort of control. my big issue now is nighttime wanting sweets. if i can wrestle this....i'd be fine. that is a huge IF.

whitepants: you really are inspirational in sharing your journey as it happens. the gym definitely helps to get us moving in the right direction. you are right when you say it's easy to lose control and harder to get back on track. but when we are on track...it's easier to stay there..

jeni: great news about the 4 lb loss. i hear ya' about we went this far....getting an operation, sacrificed to get the weight we have gotten off, we CANNOT give up and go all the way back. this statement you made is making sense to me and it offers me motivation not to give up. i know when i get in the give up mode..i will be 270 lbs in no time

carol: good girl on no weight gain....

i will check back a little later in the week.

i am trying to give up eating crap at night and sugar. that will be my promise.

josie

Edited by josiebies

Hey All, just my starting week check in. These are my goals for the week. Maybe instead of setting monthly goals, we'll just set weekly goals. They do say make small goals than large goals. For the small goals are easier to attain, that leads to the large goals.

So, that is just what "WE", you and me are going to do. List our weekly goals. Then at the end of the month, we will see what we actually accomplished.

So, here is my weekly goals. 1. increase my morning workout by 1 day. 2. increase my evening workout by 1 evening. Making it 3x mornings; 2x evenings. Remember, a month is 4x weeks. So, you don't need to wait to the new month begin.

Josiebies-try eating a Protein for a snack in the evening. Although I am not a fan of Protein Bars maybe you need to invest in some. That stressful eating is hard to break. I am a emotional/stress eater. But for me it's somethng salty and crunchy. So what I eat are the "no salt" UTZ brand chips or the taco chips.

Find what will satisfy the sweets, yet is not to high in calories or sugar but high in Protein. Also, did you increase your protein w/ your meals? That also help with the sweets/junk food. I'm not craving junk food too much. Since I'm back to making my meals for the week and protioning them out. I don't crave the junk food too much.

Jeni and Carol, what have you been up to lately??? No matter what it is share...

Hi All, just checking in. I've been making it to the gym in the mornings. And lost 2lbs so far. I arranging to go to the gym both mornings and evenings. 4x mornings, 2x evenings. Don't want to overdo it.

I also have noticed that since I'm back on track with my eating habits, my nails are getting longer and not breaking easily now. Also, since increasing my Protein, I'm not craving the junk food. Have to get my eating of bread under control. Other than just stop buying it. But then again I can't deprive the household of it.

When do you know that you're back on track with your eating habits? Mines is my nails growing and my skin gets real clear and smooth.

Hope everyone has revamped their eating habits and is following their plan. I'm still revamping mines and hope to have it in place by next week. I so do want to get to goal weight. Even if it's up and down for a while, I just want to see those numbers on the scale once.

Don't think you have nothing to share, you do. Whatever it is you're going through or have had ups and downs. So, what's new with you?

Hey All, just checking in.

I am so proud of myself today. I usually fast on Thursday and today I almost did all day. Fast from morning till about 4pm. I ate about 2pm, in addition I had 3 slices of bread. Not good. But, I'm drinking Water til I feel hungry then plan to have some broth. Since I'll probably be hungry just prior to going to bed.

But, the best part is I used self control in not buying any junk food. I was in the drug store looking for something and told myself I could buy a bag of chips. I didn't. It's not that I craved it, it's that I haven't had any chips in almost two weeks. As I was walking home, I had several occasions to buy a bag. Then I told myself the control was not to buy the chip, rather than buy the chips eat them and have control to not buy another bag.

Yeah for me.

What is your "Yeah for me"?

Hi everyone just checking in today. I've made one week without eating any junk food. I don't even crave it. I think about it but I haven't bought any. Even turned down buying a piece of cake with my co-worker.

Since I've increased my Protein, my lunch meal is enough for me for the rest of the day. Good, but not good. I still need 2 - 3 meals. Today, I couldn't finish my lunch, so I had the rest later. When I came home, still not hungry I had a slice of bread with a spinach-cream cheese spread. And only one slice of bread.

Well, what's new with you???

Hey... I just weighed myself and I lost another 1 pound. Lost a total of 4 pounds this month. Now I'm inspired to really loose the next 16 pounds.

I did well again last night. Went to a small birthday gathering. I fore went a meal and a 2 layer, pineapple filled coconut covered cake. Well, it wasn't that hard. Not a favorite of pineapple filling or coconut. But I did have 6 Dorito chips. Still think I did good for the week though.

I did make it to the gym 2x mornings but 1x evening. Now to improve on that. But, I'm getting it together.

Thanks for reading my logs. Just waiting to read yours. I want to know everything. A complete update. Okay???

Hi, just logging my goals for the week.

- prepare my meals for the week.

- get in morning exercises m,w,f

- back to step aerobics t & th

- weigh myself on th

My Portion Control is under control. Will stick to the increased Protein amount. It's helping with my junk food cravings.

Now that I'm back on track with my eating habits, I feel in control at meal times and now see myself at my goal weight.

When I started this weight loss my birthday wish was to get back into a pair of "whitepants" I held onto for 20+ years. And I got into them last 2008. This year for myself, I want to wear a size 14. I won't be a size 14 for our 3 yr anniversary, but I will be for my birthday in July.

Then onto the next step, maintaining the weight.

Well, hope when I sign on again, I'll be reading your stories.

Just checking in, I've not been good, but not gaining. I have been walking 5 days a week in the pool for anywhere from a hour to a hour and half. Now if I could get the same motivation for dieting I would be doing very good.

I just don't understand why I know what to do and just don't do it. Before I know it I have something in my mouth that should be there. I guess if I really wanted to know I would have to spend hours in a doctors office laying on a couch to figure it out. I don't lay down very good either.

Hope this fines everyone doing good. Feburary is here and their is hope of warmer weather in our furtures and with everything there is hope.

Carol

Hi Carol. Glad to hear you didn't gain. That's a plus in itself. Go back to the beginning and log your meals, what's going on at the time, mood and time of day you eat. Somewhere in there you'll find the answer and won't need to spend time on the couch. Also, go back to measuring your meals and increase your Protein. Yeah, Protein may not be all the answer, but if you must eat let it be that. Not a drink something to eat. That chewing motion is what may be needed.

Also, what are you eating? Are you an emotional eater too?

When I eat emotionally, I have something salt and crunchy = a problem I can't control or don't have any idea on how to handle. Sweet and chewy = bored or lonely and have no idea of what to do.

What's your trigger emotion and food you eat?

I going to log my meals this week also. Although, I'm not having a problem at the moment. Like I said, at the moment.

I find it interesting that newly banded the first year you could feel full fast. I am not sure about you guys but I will have something it will go down then about 15 minutes later i will feel full. By then it is too full and too late and I get that heavy feeling.

My craving is chocolate, I eat a lot of coco krispies, it really helps at night in front of the tv.

Hi Janine. Glad you stopped by. Been missing your progress. Still glad you're staying the course. With your night cravings, I hope it's the recommended amount of coco krispies. And are eating them slow. It's easy to go over the top with them. They're lite and crunchy. Mix it up with a none sugar Cereal and you that should keep you from going back fore more.

Keep up the good work. And to everyone else how are you doing?