Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchin Into 2010!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Ok so i thought it would be fun if we start off the new year by posting some new years resolutions!!!

Hopefully we get this thread more active again!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE...

Jeni 85, I posted a link to the new thread.

My resolution is to:

Start to weigh my food again. Increase my Protein and Fiber to help w/ the cravings.

Prepare my meals for the week again.

And let my clothes be my scale, instead of the weight scale. We know how that scale drives us crazy.

Since it's light in the mornings about 6:45am, I can start back to the gym in the mornings again. Some mornings and some evenings.

This is very durable, for it worked before and it'll work again.

Edited by Whitepants

Ok guys, your right we need to recommit to this program. Excerise is my #1 goal, then diet. Thinking of doing weight watchers, as I need the accountablity that that brings. Now if we can just get the weather to get better. Its really hard to go out when it below 20 degrees and the wind is blowing.

Glad to hear from you girls.

Carol

Good Morning, I didn't make it to the gym this morning. Tired from preparing, cooking and portioning out my meals for the week. lunch and dinner.

Especially dinner, all I need to do is pull out one of my meals and eat after I come in from gym. It'll keep me from over eating if I'm really hungry.

I did a detox over the weekend and I pretty much straight.

Well, hope your revamped healthly lifestyle is one you will work with. If it's not working revamp it again and again, till you get something you can work with. :blushing:

hi everyone,

happy new year and a great idea jeni about making a commitment on resolutions....

here are my goals:

1. 3 meals a day-no snacking

2. gym 4 times a week.

3. at least 64 ozs of Water a day

4. check in to this site at least every other day.

just to update you where i'm at....

i got down to goal (actually 10 lbs under) last year. when i went for plastic surgery (TT and Breastlift) my dr. asked me to put on 10 lbs. which i did....plastic surgery went well.

my band was tight throughout my L/B journey. i was living on Soups, creamy foods like yogurt, Protein shakes and junk.

it was getting more and more difficult to live with the band being so tight. i was thinking of having it taken out. as an interim step, my doctor unfilled it completely. i still have restriction (without any fill) but can eat more normal foods. unfortunately my "sugar addiction" has not gone away. that coupled with eating again has caused me to gain 10 more lbs. so i have to lose between 15-20 lbs. i want to keep my band unfilled however i have to get off the sugar. whitepants...thanks for the suggestion about Protein as it is starting to help.

i am getting married in october and want to have a size 8 wedding dress. i'm in size 10 right now...

i love the fact that i got the lapband. but i am now trying to get the maintenance of the "new me" down pat. i am still too focused on weight, food, etc.

during my lapband journey i have had periods of not being so focused on these and it was great.

not sure if i am making sense....but it is where i'm at.

right now i am struggling with the idea of going to spin class tonight but i have to start....it's so much easier when i am in the routine of exercise....rather then "starting the routine".

i need you guys more now then ever.....can you believe it is almost 3 years since we started this journey?

good luck jeni, whitepants, carol and all other marchies '07

josie

Good Evening Everyone, Josiebies: We already know you can do this. You have more of a goal than most of us right now. It's good you've given yourself enough time towards this. You'll be there. One thing about this journey, even when we lapse will still can lose.

I agree with you, starting a routine is harder than being in the routine. Like now for me it's getting to the gym in the mornings. Each morning I get closer and closer. Came very close this morning but lazy. So, I'll try again tomorrow morning.

As for the cravings, another things is eat a piece of Protein as well. Something that takes some time to chew/eat. Do you eat Peanut Butter, tuna, bread? These may help also, but toast the bread. The tuna eat about two tablespoons with a fork. Find something other than sweets.

Carol - don't forget you can do exercises while doing daily things. When sitting, leg lifts, bring you legs straight out; standing, calf raises, raise onto your toes; at the sink, do squats; upper body stretches. I went and bought me a hula hoop. I get to do an upper and lower body workout. Do something.

Let's come up ways to keep ourselves motivated. :rolleyes2:

Hi All, didn't make it to the gym this morning. I would like to get in 30m instead of 20m - 25m session. I need to leave at 6:35am or 6:40am. I want to be excerising at 7am and no later. It takes 15m to get to the gym, not including getting to the exercise/weight rooms.

So, now that I had to revamp that, I'll be there tomorrow. My prepared meals are going great. I'm not eating unhealthy foods till I've cooked something to eat.

So, what have you done lately.

Hi everyone,

reporting in...did pretty well today on my plan.

i went to "Barbell" class

i didnt eat anything off plan...although i did snack on weight watchers ice cream. i'm trying to control snacking because once i start...i cant stop. but today i was pretty good.

my pants are very tight and i hate that feeling. i'm forcing myself to wear those jeans and not stretch pants so i am dealing with "reality". i love to fool myself sometimes.

whitepants: good job staying on your food plan. i truly believe food/caloies are 85% of the weight loss equation.

have a good night everyone.

josie

Hi Gals,

My top goal is to break 200.

Josie do not get the band removed, I gained like 40 lbs in no time, don't do it!!!!!!

I love and respect by band...you did the right thing by just unfilling it. Mazel Tov on your up and coming wedding, way cool!

You guys think that everyone wants to break 200 and once you do you go on pretty happily?

Janine,

Sounds like you are doing good. How much farther to your goal of under 200 lbs. Your right to tell Josie not to remove the band. Sometimes I feel like I have failed,because I have only lost 30 to 40 lbs, but without that band I would probaby be way heavier than I am.

Good to hear from everyone, hope to hear from more of Marchies.

Carol

Hi All, glad everyone's still comes back from time to time. That's what all we need is to see someone still carrying on.

Janine - you're right about breaking the 200 mark. I have and I'm just barely keeping it under. I became a little over confident about it. I'm lingering between 197 - 191lbs. I'm still better off w/ 100lbs lost from 3 yrs ago. There are times I want to get a fill. But truth be told, I'm good, at the sweet spot as they call it. Another fill I feel will put me at the PB stage. And we all know that is not a good stage to be at. I'm just going to go back to the basics and lose from there. It worked before and it'll work again.

Carol - did you join the weight watcher's yet? Give us some of the new hints that's going on. Remeber WW is only another tool. You still have to work with them.

Josiebies - Janine is right. Although you may think the band can be removed, it's helping keep you in line. I read where one and a few people lost their weight and they didn't even have their band filled. So, see it is helping without you maybe needing a fill maybe.

To everyone coming back, what's been going on in your life?

I am definitely goal minded in breaking 200. That was my initial goal in having the lap band surgery. If I hit 171 I have exceeded my goal and I would be delighted, I know, I know for my height I should be about 135, but 171 I will be happy.

So how will I acheive this you ask? I am joining Zumba boot camp, a kind of intense zumba routine 3 days a week. Also I just have to get going on Sparks people, I love it. It keeps me in check.

It has taken me awhile but I love my idea of having the lapband over the RNY. So many in my bariatric support group are gaing their weight back and are over all unhealthy.

Wouldn't you guys love to hear from Julie and Jeni about how life is going after plastic surgery?

Also Kyethra and Mama Lambert & Mrs. Husker oh there is so many Where are you??

What about the body bugg has anyone tried one of these, they use them un Biggest Loser.

Speaking of biggest Loser, I love shows about weight loss. A few worth checking out, Carniw Wilson in Unstapled...a reality show watching her weight loss, I think Kirstie Alley is having one too. Oh and i just love Ruby on style TV she started at 500+ pounds,.... One Big Happy Family is a show about 4 family member 300+ changing their eating habits, love it!...Jillian Michaels from Biggest loser will be in a show coming soon about actually going into peoples homes and helping them....Dr Oz he really explains how to be healthy and what aides in weight loss.

Have a great week!

Just checking in. Didn't do too well or bad this week. Did get to exercise and lost 1/2'' off my hips. I'm able to get back into some of my new pants again.

Started back to evening exercise classes. I'm in a weight loss race with a friend I recently met. We'll see you have lost the most weight by the end of March. Hoping this will put me at my goal weight.

So, what have you been up to?

I finally got up my nerve to get back on the scale and see how I did over the holidays. I was surprised. I had gained nothing. I have got started back after two and half weeks off from all the snow storms and cold weather. I made to the "Y" three times this week. I probably over did it yesterday. I walked in the pool for almost 2 hours, not because I wanted the excerise,but because my friend showed up late. We walk and talk alot. So now with no weight gain, it time to be serious with this goal of losing some weight.

Hope everyone is doing good. Let us know.

Carol

Good for you Carol. That's should be a inspiration to you.

To keep it going. Now that we've all had our rest time we have to get back on track. The one thing is we know we can do it. It's getting started that is hard, but so easy to slow down and stop.

Let's all see how much we can lose before our 3 years mark.

I'm getting back into making and measuring my meals, evening step/dance/aerobics exercise classes and morning weight training... I want to try a new eating style. 2x days meatless/vegan, 1x fast, 1x fruit, 1x vegetable, 2x seafood.

I've pretty much cut out all processed foods. I was never one for the precooked meals. My skin is so much smoother and clearer. I get compliments on my complexion.

For those who eat the precooked weight lose meals, give them up for a week maybe two and see how you feel. After all, they are not as healthy as the market wants you to believe. Not think, BELIEVE.

Please just give this a try.