Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something I've Never Done

Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know about something I am doing that I have NEVER done. I am going on a airplane!!!!! smile.gif I know this may sound wierd for some, but at 351 lbs before, I never wanted to do that, but at 198 lbs I am ready. I am flying from Maine to Indiana to see my best friend. I haven't seen her since my surgery July 2004 when she came up to be there for my surgery. The funny thing is she doesn't know I am comingrolleyes.gif . Her husband is picking me up at the airport and then I will arrive to see her. I am going without my husband, or kids. My husband is very supportive, and I wanted to always do something special when I finially hit under 200 pounds, and my husband said go for it, go and enjoy youself. I am just so happy. I am leaving Thursday, and returning Monday. I will most likley have anxiety and be really nervous,bunny.gif but I am going to get a new book to read on the plane...any suggestions, I like non fiction. Well I have rambled on long enough, thank you all for your support.

Suzan

Congrats on the loss - that is awesome. I fall asleep the minute the plane leaves the runway - happens every time. I took a red eye from LAX to Logan in Boston and slept all 6 hours - except when they brought Snacks (of course). Bring some gum to chew during take off and landing - it will help your ears pop and equalize the pressure so it doesn't hurt (just don't swallow it). Also, I have never gotten motion sickness but a pop a dramamine every time just in case.

Have fun!!

That's so special. My old friend's daughter got married this summer and I'm kicking my own butt for not going and surprising her myself. Have fun!

That is great--- your friend will be so happy. As far as non fiction books. Dr Phils new one Family First is good. Magazines are also good as you can actually read thru them on a short plane ride like you are going on. Have a blast! I am from Indiana there is nothing to do here so just enjoy hanging out with your friend and showing off your skinny self! Jill PS YOUR SIGGY SAYS 298 LBS-- You better get that changed! =)

Congrats! That is awesome. Have a great time. :( :( I can't wait for the day when I don't have to ask for a seatbelt extender! UGH

I am sure your friend will be so surprised! I am happy for you. I too plan on taking a flight somewhere when I am down a bit more. Have a great time. I love that Joel Osteen book YOUR BEST LIFE NOW it is great!!!! You have done great with the weightloss.

Jill thank you for letting me know about my typo...it was sopose to be 198 not 298, wonder if that is something I am so use to, I just did that...LOL

excellent work! Will your friend even recognize you? Will your friend's husband recognize you? Maybe you should have one of those signs with you name on it just in case!

Nothing to be nervous about, it's just like riding the bus, only a bit more expensive and with more security.

That is so great. Don't worry about the flight. Just sit back and relax and think about the great time you and your friend will have.

What a great NSV!!

I'm very happy for you. I hope you have a great time :)

I bet your friend will not even recognize you now at 198 lbs.