Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not too easily offended, however...

I was scanning through channels on the radio the other day and heard someone say the word 'fat,' so, for some reason I flipped back to hear what they were saying. They were talking about this local girl who had died suddenly as a result of an accident. The DJ proceeded to go on about how it is such a tragedy that such a good-looking girl died and another DJ joked 'would it have not been a tragedy if she was ugly?' and the first DJ said-'let's be honest with ourselves, it's much more upsetting for a hot chick to die than a fat or ugly chick.'

Are you SERIOUS??!?!?

Are all 'chicks' not someone's daughter, sister, mother, wife?

Like I said, I'm not easily offended but I was really upset by this. How could someone say that? How did that person get a job in broadcasting?

Also, anyone who knows me gives me a hard time about my obsession with crime shows. I like crime-drama's, true stories, whatever- it facinates me. However, a couple months ago I stumbled on a show called: 'Young, beautiful and vanished'. It's a tragedy no matter how you look at it but why is it that the first thing they go to is how beautiful the girl was. Would it not matter if you were 'Forty, chubby and vanished?' or 'Old, homely and vanished?' Since when is the life of a beauty queen worth more than the life of your average Jane? Lord help you if you have a child who society deems less-than attractive who disappears.

What is this world coming to?!

It's a down right shame these days what the world has come to. Anything goes for visual, audio or whatever effect. And we wonder why our kids are killing people in our schools, etc. It is an unfortunate part of our culture these days and I do my best to stay informed but not over-informed. I refuse to watch any TV that is reality based. In other words, I don't watch TV anymore. I listen to satellite radio because I got sick to my stomach listening to the trash talk DJ's and radio stations seem to find appealing. By the same token, I was a teen in the 70's and there were a lot of things my parents found disgusting in my generation. The world just keeps spinnning.

yea, I hear ya. It's a real shame the DJ thinks that is the way to talk while on air.

I think one of the best things we can do is talk with our kids and grandkids when they are around when something like this comes up. We all need to teach those we can from a very early age that this sort of thinking and talking is not ok.

It seems there are many radio personalities who rag on fat people. They are referred to as shock jocks. There claim to fame is shocking the public.

I hear you about your feelings on this subject. What has become of the world we live in???

Jason Ellis is one of DJ's that like to poke fun at fat people. I think it may have even been his show that said its more tragic when a hot chick dies...not for sure, but I think I heard it too on his show.

I'm not sensitive over "fat descrimination" and I must say sometimes on here when people are upset about something someone's done or said, i dont get it. I think, but you ARE fat, is someone supposed to pretend you're not?

But THAT is downright offensive.

I'm not sensitive over "fat descrimination" and I must say sometimes on here when people are upset about something someone's done or said, i dont get it. I think, but you ARE fat, is someone supposed to pretend you're not?

But THAT is downright offensive.

I share your sentiment. I'm not the kind of person who says 'oh, I'm so fat' expecting someone to say 'no you're not!'. Of course I am, I know it, you know it, the paperboy knows it! However, I just couldn't believe that this sorry excuse for a man would come out and say that it's more of a tragedy for a young beauty to die, than a 'fat chick'.

the paperboy knows it!

ROFL, I think I hurt myself laughing over that line!!

So women are valued for their attractiveness to men. Nothing new there. It goes on right here on this very board, even amongst us women.

ROFL, I think I hurt myself laughing over that line!!

:thumbup:!

I here F word (fat) and if was directed at me and my used to be 397lbs you got some big trouble coming your way. go figure I am an asshole when you try to put me down. Sorry:cool: