Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EA Active for the Wii

I picked up the wii, and EA Active, last night. I only played on the Active game for a little while just to get a feel for it.

I agree with others, my legs are definitely sore today. The squats and lunges are really hard on them. I also did find myself breaking a bit of a sweat after running in place for a while.

However, I found the upper body workouts to be pretty ineffective, largely due to the resistence band being so flimsy it doesn't really offer any resistance. I may stop by a sporting goods store tonight and pick up a better one (I'm tempted to get dumbells instead, though I'm thinking it may be hard to hold them AND the controllers at the same time).

My first impression (after using it for all of 15 minutes) is that it is in no way a replacement for a gym workout. However, on days like today when there's 2 feet of snow outside, it's perfectly fine to use to burn some calories without risking death driving to the gym.

You will definitely need to purchase a heavier resistance band. I got a medium/heavy one and the upper body workouts are great with it.

I'm glad I came across this thread...I was planning on getting the Wii Fit for my new Wii.......but I want something thats going to actually cause me to sweat..

How much Wii Active makes you sweat depends on what you select and what level. The 30 day challenge at the moderate level is all I can do. My wife has tried the Wii Fit Plus obstacle course and said it was a really good workout. Difficult in fact. I'm sure I'll be motivated to try it after tonight's premier of Biggest Loser.:smile2:

I spent this week doing both Wii Fit Plus and Wii Active. Wii Fit has a lot more down time. Lots of balance stuff, but it takes a long time to switch between different things. To burn 250 calories, it took me twice as long on Wii Fit as EA Active. Seems like better strength and toning with the resistance band. But, there are some really fun exercises on Wii Fit. And I'm clearly Hula Hoop challenged.

I love EA Sports Active for the Wii! My favorite is definitely the different cardio boxing exercises. That alone makes the game worth the purchase.

My doctor limits my exercise to 30 minutes a day, and more on upper body conditioning so my knees won't get stressed too much. I love the custom workout feature where you can make your own 30 minute workouts and choose what exercises you want to include. I made several 30 min custom workouts that I can alternate each day.

OK I am probably going to break down and buy a Wii then get the Wii fit and the Wii active lol whew I might break down from the cost. but I think it might just be worth it lol

The cost is just what is killin me right now.

I absolutely L-O-V-E my Wii EA trainer.....I have done both the "pick your own" work out and the 30 day challenge. I do the moderate level. I look forward to doing this 5X a week. When I have my days off....I feel like i should be doing something other , but the "experts" tell me not to. Rest means rest!

II have started doing more of the EA instead of splitting between the EA and the Wii Fit, step aerobics.

I definitely sweat during all of my routines and I have seen a huge difference in the way my clothes are fitting!:angry:

OK I have already started looking to see how much this is going to cost me. lol

But hey what else am I going to spend my tax money on. lol

I have found a soultion to my problem. I am going to Rent a Wii for a month and see if I really do use it enough to justify buying one. lol This way I can tell if I really will use it.