Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2010 Mile Challenge

Happy New Year!

I love this time of the year. This is the time for renewal and setting new goals. 2009 was a great year, but I am excited about what 2010 holds for me. This is the year that I will reach my weight loss goal. I am so determined to get there by May 2010. I will Celebrate my one year anniversary with the band. My daughters gave my husband and me a wonderful Christmas gift. It was a picture catalog of our lives over the last 20 years. Looking over those pictures brought out so many emotions. I was so thin for many years and I loved flipping through the pages until I got to the last page. It was a picture of our family on vacation in June 2008. I gasped. I did not recognize myself. I was so FAT. My husband and 2 daughters looked great. I vowed then and there that our vacation pictures in June 2010 will show a much thinner me.

My goal for the month will be 50 miles.

Good luck to all who take the challenge.

Edited by 2911plans

I am going to zoom right on past my December Goal. So, I am going to up my January goal by another 10 miles. That will be 40 miles for January. I won't be in town for the first two weeks in January, so I will update my totals when I get back.

This will be my first fitness challenge! I was banded 12/17, and it's time I start incorporating exercise back into my routine.

I'm going to set my goal at 30 miles. It may be a bit aggressive, but I'm hoping that I'll shoot past it.

I am going to go with 50 miles in January!;):w00t::laugh::w00t::w00t:

This is also my first time with the fitness challenge. I was banded on dec 21,2009. I will be going with 50 miles for january 2010.

I was banded on Dec 17th. I would like to join this group. I'm going for 40 miles.

I would like to join. Hopefully I am understanding this. The objective is to log a certain number of miles within the month. Does it matter if it is jogged or walked. I just started a jogging program. I will commit to 40 miles.

Brigette

I would like to join. Hopefully I am understanding this. The objective is to log a certain number of miles within the month. Does it matter if it is jogged or walked. I just started a jogging program. I will commit to 40 miles.

Brigette

Hi Brigette. Welcome to the challenge. It does not matter how you get your miles in. You can jog, walk, ride a bike or use an elliptical. We try to log the miles weekly.

If you would like to see how it has been done in the past go to the July 2009 Mile Challenge. That is when it started. We have had a challenge every month since.

Good luck!

Happy NewYear!! I want to set a goal of 90 miles, walking. Even with the nastyweather, this should be doable!!

I completed three miles today. I just was curious to see how everyone is planning to getting their miles in (walk, jog, bike, etc).

I completed three miles today. I just was curious to see how everyone is planning to getting their miles in (walk, jog, bike, etc).

I will use my stationary bike and treadmill.

I ride my exercise bike. Just recently, I started doing a little peddling while standing up--good thigh exercise! My goal for Eventually and Someday is to be able to run--I haven't been able to run since I was a child. That's something I really want to be able to do again.

Ok didn't meet last month's goal, time to start again. Keeping it the same at 70. Good luck everyone. And Happy New Year.

completed 3 miles of 50 today:w00t:

Ok I'm game. I will commit to 50 miles for Jan. I will use my treadmill, walking outside, and treadclimber!

Happy New Year Everyone!