Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did horrible on my first month of doctor led WL program...

UGH...I have to do a 6 month WL program for my insurance to cover my surgery. I went to my PCP on 11/23 and was all gung ho about trying to stick to the recommendations he gave me- no sugar, no white products, limit portion size, and walk 10 mins 3 x day. Did ok the first few days then Thanksgiving came and Ive been horrible since then. How in the world am I going to do this? Diets havent worked for me before...why in the world would they make you do 6 month diet before surgery?

I had to do 6 month monitoring before the insurance would approve my surgery. I have lost 10 lbs in 7 months. I have been up and down the enter time. I was on steroids for part of the time so it was impossible to lose weight. I was suppose to lose 15-20 lbs before surgery. I did my best, but only lost 10.

The 6 months will fly by before you know it. I started on this journey last April and cannot believe my surgery date is finally here. Use this time to educate yourself about the surgery and the lifestyle changes that go along with it.

Good Luck! I am sure you will be fine! :smile:

Anybody that says "none of this, none of that" does not know anything about a proper diet. There are no bad foods when eaten in moderation.

The holidays are almost over. It will be much easier soon. You don't have to kill yourself on a diet. Just limit your portions and try to walk a minimum of 30 minutes a day.

During the 6 month supervised diet do you have a monthly meeting with a nutritionist in the surgeon's office? They will give you much better advice that somebody telling to to eat no sugar or white things.

I also did horribly on my 6 month diet...I think I lost 10 lbs total...some months lost nothing, 1 month I gained. Thank God, I made it through and insurance approved me...and now I am doing so well....

I havent met with the surgeon yet...my new insurance kicks in Jan 1 so Im going to call next week to make an appt to meet with the surgeon. I need to go back to my PCP too for the next visit and Im going to tell him that I didnt do well with the total restriction of certain foods. A WW type program will do better for me.

WOW Amy- your stats are TOTALLY inspiring! Im 5'2" and at 277 right now....so it helps to see where you are now and gives me hope! The next 5 months need to go by very quickly for me...im anxious to get this done!