Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anybody have a fill experience like mine?

I had my first fill in my 11cc band on Dec. 4th.

My surgeon said he put 6cc in... He had me drink Water as he filled.. I drank the whole cup without a problem.

So here is my question? I do not feel like I have any noticeable restriction. Could it be that the fill did not go into my band? I know that sounds strange to say, but my first fill 6cc's I would expect that I would have felt something..

Can anyone relate to this? any similar experiences out there and did the second fill make a difference?

I don't go back until Jan 21st.. I am thinking of calling to see if I can get moved up in the schedule..

It usually takes a couple of fills before you feel that really good restriciton. It took several for me. They were actually what I think as aggresive giving you that much first time out. It puts you ahead of things for sure.

my band is 10 cc. I had it filled with 6 cc but felt no restriction at all!!!! I'm going to my doctor tomorrow to see what's wrong! I felt restriction before with a 5 cc fill!!!

Patterba, although everyone is different, I would think you would feel SOMETHING at 6cc. I, too, would be suspicious of missed port. I would try to get moved up but your doc may say no.

Best wishes,

Mimi

Once I had an experience of a delayed reaction to a fill, where it took me 3-4 weeks to feel the restriction. I have read about this happening to others, but of course if you are concerned you should certainly call your doctor.

I am just 2 weeks short of 6 months post op with a 10cc band having 9cc filled. Till I got my last fill on December 14 I had no restriction. This was a feeling that I have been waiting for. Other than blockage due to not chewing correctly I have had not changes. Everyone is different and hopefully this does not take you this long to find your sweet spot. I am still not sure if I am still there. When I received my fill on the 14th I did not eat much and felt I was full but 10 days later I am not getting that full feeling and find myself hungry within a half hour from eating. Stay with it and have patience. I have had grow patience with my specific case.

I just tried to get in early for my second fill and no luck.

Doc really wants to space them six weeks apart..I have little to no restriction. I don't want to be so tight I am pbing, but I would like to go from meal to meal without wanting to eat a cow. Looks like this will not happen until Jan 22 though.. It is so strange that some people can be at their sweet spot at 6 cc's and others feel nothing. I realize that we have different size bands, but so much variation.. in the feeling of restriction is interesting. I definitely want to learn more about why this is the case...

I just tried to get in early for my second fill and no luck.

Doc really wants to space them six weeks apart..I have little to no restriction. I don't want to be so tight I am pbing, but I would like to go from meal to meal without wanting to eat a cow. Looks like this will not happen until Jan 22 though.. It is so strange that some people can be at their sweet spot at 6 cc's and others feel nothing. I realize that we have different size bands, but so much variation.. in the feeling of restriction is interesting. I definitely want to learn more about why this is the case...

Wow 6ccs. I have had 3 fills in 5½ months and I am only at 3ccs and I do have restriction. Give it some more time and it might kick in. My Dr does fills under floro everytime. Does yours?

Doc does not use fluoro for fills (that does make me wonder if the full 6cc's went through the band).

I am thinking of doing a 3 day liquid Protein just to try to do some carb withdrawal. that does help me control my intake.

Anyway, thanks for all of the comments and thoughts on this topic.. much appreciated.

I had an unfill today. I feel so relieved. I could not even drink coffee in the mornings without burping to enable it to go down. I was what I thought was fine for the first week and a half, and then wham! Could not even eat until well into the after noon. I was down to 270, and gained 5 lbs back, because I was eating what is termed slider foods just to be eating something, because I was starving. I normally can not eat solids in the morning even if I wanted to in the mornings until at least 11:00, but again, withthat overfill, I still could not even eat until well after my normal lunch hour. It was very frustrating. I know now what a true overfill feels like. Alot of PBing, which does cause a vicious cycle, because tha just adds to swelling, and so on and on... She basically took out the .4ccs that was put in on the 3rd of this month. I could actually drink instead of sip, sip, sip. I felt human again. Ha! Anyway, they actually had me drink the barium swallow while all watched the monitor, and I could see how it actually was going down my stomach, and passing through the band. It was the coolest thing, I had seen, but againk I feel so much better. I ate some broccoli and sheese Soup from Jason's Deli, and jus felt like I had been awakened from death. Smile! Be careful to all, and listen to the signs of your body. Don't just wait it out until things may get better like I did, becasue in the end more damage was done, instead of just going back within a week after the to tight fill, and getting it taken out. In other words, don't let the cost of a fill prevent you from doing the safest thing, becasue it will end up costing you way more if you do not do the right thing and the situation gets so bad that you have to go back into surgery. You will wish that you just had to get an unfill at that point. I am glad I did the smart thing, and did not let it get any worse.

You are not alone... my first fill had me at 5.5cc and i didn't feel much restriction. I had my 4th fill and i'm now at 8cc and i'm finally feeling restriction. Just hang in there you will get to restriction when it is right for you.:unsure: