Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Silly Surgery Question

Ok stupid question time, my fellow bandsters...

Tomorrow is surgery day, and I'm REALLY confused on one stupid lil' detail... when you have your surgery as an out patient are you dressed and your shirt is up? Or are you in a hospital gown? I've been reading and it seems like people have various stories, and I'm tryin' to figure out what to wear tomorrow... silly I know.. But someone posted "Women where a buttoned down top and no bra".

I can't quite put my mind around that one.. Can someone please explain?

you will be naked hun. regardless of it beeing in or outpatient lol. I wore Yoga pants a sports bra and a hoodie i was comfortable for the ride home. no silly questions here.

Thank you, I figured as much...but some of the things I was reading had me wondering.. and WOW 83lbs since getting your band in Nov or just total? Either way congrats and thanks again!

Thank you, I figured as much...but some of the things I was reading had me wondering.. and WOW 83lbs since getting your band in Nov or just total? Either way congrats and thanks again!

I have lost 20 post op but the rest i did on my own. Thanks..

So how did it go? Did you come home the same day or stay overnight. I was an in and out, but was kept over night. Remember to rest, walk around the house for gas pains and take your meds on schedule. It helps prevent the pains or makes it more manageagable.

Good luck and God bless....:biggrin:

I had to change into a hospital gown but wore my own clothes home. Wear something very comfortable. I also took a small pillow to put between my incision and the seat belth. Worked like a charm.

That button top comment, I can see how one could become confused...lol

Medical Degree or not if they ask you to do something "weird" think twice....lol

Just like I told my kid, a dentist does not need to give a breast exam....lol