Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One day I can eat and the next I can't :(

I had my band tight back in August and since then I can eat one day everything I want and drink or maybe even a week, but then all of the sudden I can't get anything to stay down I vomit as soon as I put something in my stomach. I feel like something is stuck in my chest and even if is Soup, puree foods, Jello anything. I was thinking for a while that it had to do with the band being to tight but I don't think so because there is days when I can eat anything I want. Does anyone have this problem?????:)

Stress, TOM, Time of Day all affect the tightness of the band. I think we all have that problem. Usually those really loose days end up being followed by really tight days.

Same for me. Some days I really have to watch because I can eat anything and other days, I can't get through my morning Protein Shake and don't usually eat the rest of the day. It is up and down and I have to just go by how I feel from day to day when deciding what to eat. I usually know that morning if I am not going to be able to eat that day.

I am the exact same way, if I get really stressed out it is like my tummy closes for business, which I guess is a good thing cuz I eat when I am stressed. Sometimes if I am starving and I know that this is a day that I am having trouble eating I will make some tea just Water and decafe tea packet and sip that, then in about an hour I can eat something.

did the dr say anything to you? is that normal

Until I read these postings I thought I was alone. I am on day 4 of banding. I originally thought that the band facilitated weight loss through Portion Control. Now I am beginning to think it is through aversion therapy. I know I must eat or drink something but it is tough just to get down 1/2 of he Protein Shakes I need. No food appeals to me. Everything is gross and makes me feel like I want to erf it all up. I have a heightened sense of smell and taste that repels me. I used to live for my morning coffee and now that is an effort because it tastes horrible. The liquid and chewable meds aren't making it any easier. I got the crushable kind of Metformin tablets but they leave me feeling nauseous all day. So I will definitley lose weight this way but I hope in time I can feel good again and actually enjoy a small portion of food.

Until I read these postings I thought I was alone. I am on day 4 of banding. I originally thought that the band facilitated weight loss through Portion Control. Now I am beginning to think it is through aversion therapy. I know I must eat or drink something but it is tough just to get down 1/2 of he Protein shakes I need. No food appeals to me. Everything is gross and makes me feel like I want to erf it all up. I have a heightened sense of smell and taste that repels me. I used to live for my morning coffee and now that is an effort because it tastes horrible. The liquid and chewable meds aren't making it any easier. I got the crushable kind of Metformin tablets but they leave me feeling nauseous all day. So I will definitley lose weight this way but I hope in time I can feel good again and actually enjoy a small portion of food.< /div>

You are only on Day 4, you need to relax and give your body time to adjust. Food will not repel you in a few days and you will be in bandster hell and wish nothing looked good to you! hahah once you make it through those two phases its really not as bad as you think it is right now. The results will outweigh the bad x100!

Thank you Teacher. I just need to relax and I will take your advice. I guess being a burly guy I thought I was tougher than this. Now I feel like a girlie man. I have read postings where people describe the emotions post op like a sort of grieving over the loss of their previous life. I snickered at this because I thought what does emotion have to do with any of this. Now I understand. Although not a grieving feeling I hate walking around all day feeling queezy and ask my self, "What in the world have you done to yourself?" So I will relax and experience the change because there are too many smart people out there who give me a sense of hope and encouragement. Bless you all and Merry Christmas, or holiday of your choosing.

Sluggo I thought the SAME thing for about a week after surgery. I thought oh $hit what did I do to myself! However, each day gets a little easier and the first time you weigh at the doctor and 10lbs drops off you will know what you did to yourself and why you did it! Oh and you can buckle up Buddy because it will throw you on an emotional roller coaster and some of it will truely be the best ride you have ever been on. Emotions can be good and bad but I can tell you that my emotional overload has been on the great end of the spectrum since surgery! Good luck to you!

I am having trouble getting Water down. I had an adjustment last wednesday and I could still eat the foods needed. 2 days after the adjustment I have been so tight that I can barly get water down. I figured it will pass like it always does. This time it really has a grip on me. I wonder if a few more days it will loosen up or I should go in to the Dr. for a small unfill. ( I would hate to do that) I have had the band now just about a year and this is the worst it has been. It is the one day you can eat and the next you can't but this wont let up.

I am having trouble getting Water down. I had an adjustment last wednesday and I could still eat the foods needed. 2 days after the adjustment I have been so tight that I can barly get Water down. I figured it will pass like it always does. This time it really has a grip on me. I wonder if a few more days it will loosen up or I should go in to the Dr. for a small unfill. ( I would hate to do that) I have had the band now just about a year and this is the worst it has been. It is the one day you can eat and the next you can't but this wont let up.

Try the liquid motrin as others have suggested - did you have a pb in this time to cause some swelling? You may need to go for an unfill this is not a good situation as you can dyhydrate quickly

I will give the liquid Motrin a try, with the holdays I know my Dr. is on vacation, he however has a great partner so if needed I can see him. The good thing here is if I got problems they will see me anytime. Good relationship or just a great office. Anyway I hope this works as I hate it when I have to take some out. Scotty D

btw - don't you have to do liquids after an adjustment? Most of us have to do liquids then mushies after adjusting so maybe that is the problem too. Stay on Liquid Protein for a couple of days even w/ the motrin if it helps. Then go to mushies for two days. I haven't read much about people eating right after fills as there is swelling but I do know many drs differ. If you can't keep Water down its usually an emergency situation where you should go to the ER if your doc can't see you. Keep us posted.