Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight can the passenger weigh?

Hey guys, I am so glad I found this biker forum - I didn't know how or where to ask this - I am hoping you guys can answer it for me.

My hubby just got a bike, we are, hopefully going to pick it up next week. It is a 99 Suzuki Intruder (800).

My question is: my hubby wants me to ride on the back and I am scared to death that I am too heavy and it will bend or break the back part of the bike. I, am too scared to tell him this, so I keep telling him I am SCARED to RIDE! Which, I am sure he knows is crap, because I rode street legal dirt bikes all through high-school.

I weigh 241.

Be honest, I would rather get the truth here than on the road somewhere.

post-209072-13813136904525_thumb.jpg

lol, with the price of gas - I am considering it. I would love to have one of the Harley Ladies bikes. :-)

The hubby, of course is perfectly thin - 150 on a bad day. He has wanted a bike for ever, so we finally broke down and got him one.

Thanks for the input - I had no idea who to ask - till I stumbled across this Biker forum. Geeze, I guess I can find answers to all the worlds questions and never leave Lapbandtalk . . .

Wendy (also my daughter's name), if you feel the 800 is too small, you could trade up to the 1400 (I think it is), but I'm with Jack. You should have no problems on the Intruder.

my rule is ther girl on the back must weigh less than me lol

Hey girl, I learn to ride on an 800 Intruder. Then traded up to a Harley 1200 XL Custom Sportster.

Anyhoo, I was around your weight & I'd ride people up to 160 on the back with me. No problem. I hope your hubby can trade up at some point, Harley is balanced a lot better than Intruder.

Ride girl, ride!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches