Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 'PERFECT' bra??

OK, I'm looking for a great bra 34C (that can do magic, preferably, lol) within my price range. Hopefully less than $30, preferably less than $20 so I can get more than one.

A bra that can make empty wind socks look round-ish, separate and stay in place.

Features that I'm looking for:

ecapsulation, no uniboob

separation

underwire

light padding

hook & eye back closure

adjustable straps

compression & no bounce

firm support not stretchy

Edited by TheRealMeIsHere!

Soma makes the best bras. They are $60 though. I don'the think I have ever paid less than $50 for a bra unless there was a sale.

If you are really looking for a bra that can work some magic you are going to need to increase your price range.

Go to Soma, try a bra on, change your life.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

8 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

Soma makes the best bras. They are $60 though. I don'the think I have ever paid less than $50 for a bra unless there was a sale.

If you are really looking for a bra that can work some magic you are going to need to increase your price range.

Go to Soma, try a bra on, change your life.

I'm on a very low fixed income due to disability. There is no increasing my price range, lol

Maybe cross your heart bras if the still make those. Maybe you can get lucky at Walmart.

I'm a totally different size but wanted most of the same things you're looking for in a bra. I found wacoal bras at tj maxx and marshalls for $12,99 - $!6.99. I think regular price for these is usually around $60-70. Easily the best bras I've ever worn.

2 minutes ago, bostonmama said:

I'm a totally different size but wanted most of the same things you're looking for in a bra. I found wacoal bras at tj maxx and marshalls for $12,99 - $!6.99. I think regular price for these is usually around $60-70. Easily the best bras I've ever worn.

can you post links to ones that you especially liked?

I found two different wacoal bras in my size. one looks like this one: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/wacoal-ultimate-side-smoother-underwire-t-shirt-bra/4141445?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK the other is more of a plunge style. Both are super comfortable and supportive and give a nice shape.

You can always try them on at the store, or at home then return them if you don't like the fit. I bought some other brand I had heard good things about (Natori) but it gave me cone boobs so I returned it.

Every TJ Maxx/Marshalls I've been to carried the Wacoal bras, but I couldn't always find them in my size (38DDD) I bought one that was a cup size smaller since I love them so much and am not done losing weight.

Keep in mind that what works for someone else may not work for you -- everyone's "girls" are shaped differently so what might fit me perfectly may make you look like a bag lady. Find a store that will do a fitting - Nordstrom does them - you don't have to buy to bras to get the fitting but you can make a note of what fits you well and then go bargain hunting. (I normally don't advocate that because it harms retailers in general.) Or there may be a shop nearby -- we have an independent shop whose owner is a miracle worker with bras - average price is $40. Maybe worth it to go a little high for one so you know what to bargain hunt for.

Good foundations make all the difference.

12 minutes ago, bostonmama said:

I found two different wacoal bras in my size. one looks like this one: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/wacoal-ultimate-side-smoother-underwire-t-shirt-bra/4141445?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK the other is more of a plunge style. Both are super comfortable and supportive and give a nice shape.

You can always try them on at the store, or at home then return them if you don't like the fit. I bought some other brand I had heard good things about (Natori) but it gave me cone boobs so I returned it.

Every TJ Maxx/Marshalls I've been to carried the Wacoal bras, but I couldn't always find them in my size (38DDD) I bought one that was a cup size smaller since I love them so much and am not done losing weight.

Thank you!! Still laughing about 'cone boobs' lol!!!

That bra looks like I'd fall out the top if I bend over, no?? I have almost zero breast tissue, it's just free flowing skin with a nipple, LMAO! Ordered this one, so.....we'll see https://www.walmart.com/ip/Playtex-Play-reg-Outgoer-reg-Seamless-Knit-Underwire-Bra/124144326

My very favorite until they discontinued it was fruit of the Loom FT233, so really looking to find the closest to that. https://www.herroom.com/fruit-of-the-loom-ft233-hi-impact-hidden-wire-sports-bra-reviews,fotl01-ft233,26.html

Just My Size carries lots of bras and is currently having a buy 1 get 1 free sale.

www.justmysize.com

3 minutes ago, Airstream88 said:

Just My Size carries lots of bras and is currently having a buy 1 get 1 free sale.

www.justmysize.com

awesome!! Checking right now!

the watori one i see most often at tjmaxx/marshall, that looks like the one I linked, covers a lot. I can't really wear it with a low or loose top because it will show. It must be a different bra than the one I linked because it doesn't really create any cleavage, each boob is fully contained in the cup.

I have several of the Vassarette brand and fruit of the Loom underwire Tshirt bras from my local Walmart that I use for my everyday economical bras. I lost a lot of volume post wls and they keep the girls up and perky and the underwire on both are comfortable for long 10-12 hr days:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VANITY-FAIR-BRANDS-BRA/39422521

https://www.walmart.com/ip/WMR-FT487-2-PACK-T-SHIRT-BRA/39404796

I have found the sizing to be inconsistent between brands on cheaper bras, so definitely go to your local Walmart and try them on.

4 minutes ago, losergrl75 said:

I have several of the Vassarette brand and fruit of the Loom underwire Tshirt bras from my local Walmart that I use for my everyday economical bras. I lost a lot of volume post wls and they keep the girls up and perky and the underwire on both are comfortable for long 10-12 hr days:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VANITY-FAIR-BRANDS-BRA/39422521

https://www.walmart.com/ip/WMR-FT487-2-PACK-T-SHIRT-BRA/39404796

I have found the sizing to be inconsistent between brands on cheaper bras, so definitely go to your local Walmart and try them on.

Thank you for the links!!

I have tried those on, however, and with the middle so low, even without moving or bending over, I flow into the middle & get the dreaded uni-boob, lol

I used to go to onestopplus.com i think is the site. I haven't been in a while but i usually paid $15 or less for my platex bras and they usually have a bogo going on. They also have other brands. Im on a very low income and before the few that i just bought hadn't bought a bra in over 4 years? Maybe more, so i know all about the cheap struggle lol.