Does VSG really need Bariatric vitamins vs. regular chewable?

24 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm just wondering, since the VSG is restrictive only, why won't a regular chewable Multivitamin be ok rather than the MUCH more expensive Bariatric Vitamins? Any thoughts on this?

1 person likes this

There are a lot of different opinions on Vitamins, I say focus on getting in vitamins that work for you, there are chewable ones that are bariatric. Most vitamins made me sick prior to surgery except the gummy ones, so that is what I still take because they are the only ones I can get down, I guess I will see what happens with my blood work next month, if my counts are low anywhere I will try a patch or liquids

27 minutes ago, Seraya said:

Hi,

I'm just wondering, since the VSG is restrictive only, why won't a regular chewable Multivitamin be ok rather than the MUCH more expensive Bariatric Vitamins? Any thoughts on this?

I don't understand the difference between "regular chewable Multivitamin" and "Bariatric vitamins". Can you elaborate?

I was told that I didn't need to buy expensive bariatric Vitamins and to use a good chewable one initially and have it in tablet form when I wanted to. I am 18 months out and my bloods have always been tip top.

Just as a side note, my spell checker changes bariatric to barbaric :lol:

3 people like this

I was you'd to use Flintstone Chewable multi Vitamin (2 a day)
Good price at Walmart.

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Seraya said:

Thanks! That was great and certainly can't beat the source.

I can't say I loved what it said (I despise the chewables I have), but I trust it!

I can't say I loved what it said (I despise the chewables I have), but I trust it!

My issue is the cost of the Bariatric Vitamins is waaaaaay higher than regular chewables. I can see if you did bypass and are at risk due to malabsorption, but with sleeve that's not really an issue. I'd rather not pay 3 times as much as I need to for vitamins.

I take alive multi Vitamins, I've never been able to do anything chewy, even gummy bears creep me out. I feel good and hope they are substantial, I also take my caltrate D.