Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not 100% sure exactly what's going on with me, so I'm going to try my best to explain my situation.

I got the RNY 2 months ago almost to the day (my anniversary is tomorrow) actually and I've experienced struggles like nausea, lack of appetite, etc. which is pretty par for the course so far.

My issues with nausea, getting in fluids, Vitamins, and Proteins, etc. had me feeling weak and tired constantly. Having to get IV fluids earlier this week helped put into perspective that I have to do better.

My situation was eye opening, but it wasn't particularly scary or traumatic. I've definitely been in the hospital for worse things and I've felt worse physically.

But I can't stop thinking about the future and the consequences of continuing to not get in enough fluids and Protein. The thoughts are literally scaring me to the point of having issues staying relaxed and sleeping well.

It's almost as if I think that I’m in immediate danger or that I’m going to die or something soon. I think the idea of suffering and THEN dying is giving me more anxiety than actually thinking about imminent death itself.

This probably sounds silly, but every day I feel scared and worried. I'm doing better about things but I'm not quite meeting my Fluid and protein goals yet.

I'm sure this is all exasperated by the fact that I don’t have a job or a regular schedule (I stay at home all day) so I have a lot of time to spend alone with my thoughts.

I am only 3 weeks out but have had quite a rough go of things. Two surgeries in one week and then an infection. I have felt panicky/worry as well. I am not getting in enough Protein and the shakes make me want to gag. I talked with my surgeon and NUT and the both say these are normal and to be kind to myself. It will come. You may just be a little slower getting there.

I am only 3 weeks out but have had quite a rough go of things. Two surgeries in one week and then an infection. I have felt panicky/worry as well. I am not getting in enough Protein and the shakes make me want to gag. I talked with my surgeon and NUT and the both say these are normal and to be kind to myself. It will come. You may just be a little slower getting there.

I'm honestly not worrying as much about the Protein because I know that while it's not ideal, I can use protein Water to help me out.

But getting in 64 oz. of Water when I don't have to worry about distractions like work is what's worrying me. If I'm struggling this much with it now, it only seems like it will get worse when I'm not 100% focusing all my time on it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

you are not far out so don't put so much pressure on yourself. be gentle think of what you would tell someone else who came to you with the issue. try Protein Water. I don't really like the taste but Water it down half and half and can take it in. keep trying different kinds of Protein drinks in different flavors also. you will find one that you can stand ( remember that anytime you try a new food it takes several times to start liking it so it is the same with Protein Drinks. also get unflavoured Protein and HIDE it in your Soups or yogurt etc.

several other suggestions that helped me. when I was alone and bored is when I would binge on food so now it is when I start to have a pity party or ruminate on problems. I am finding distractions to help. call someone and talk=take a bubble bath- get out in nature and walk= play with kids or pets even if you have to borrow them-do puzzles ( crossword work search or jig saw) learn a craft or new card game. listen to music ( upbeat ) and sing along to the top of your lungs. listen to meditation or stress reduction tapes ( there are lots on u tube for free) there are tons more ideas you can do to keep the crazy monkey chatter in your mind. remember we are all here for you also. also consider a therapy session or two if it continues for long. good luck to you

55 minutes ago, Martha Parker-mcneal said:

you are not far out so don't put so much pressure on yourself. be gentle think of what you would tell someone else who came to you with the issue. try Protein Water. I don't really like the taste but Water it down half and half and can take it in. keep trying different kinds of Protein  drinks in different flavors also. you will find one that you can stand ( remember that anytime you try a new food it takes several times to start liking it so it is the same with Protein Drinks. also get unflavoured Protein and HIDE it in your Soups or yogurt etc.

several other suggestions that helped me. when I was alone and bored is when I would binge on food so now it is when I start to have a pity party or ruminate on problems. I am finding distractions to help. call someone and talk=take a bubble bath- get out in nature and walk= play with kids or pets even if you have to borrow them-do puzzles ( crossword work search or jig saw) learn a craft or new card game. listen to music ( upbeat ) and sing along to the top of your lungs. listen to meditation or stress reduction tapes ( there are lots on u tube for free) there are tons more ideas you can do to keep the crazy monkey chatter in your mind. remember we are all here for you also. also consider a therapy session or two if it continues for long. good luck to you

The main problem I have when I'm alone and bored are during hours when most people are sleeping! There are unfortunately only so many things that I can do at like 3 AM, especially because of the thin walls in my house. And I stay awake for SO many hours now that I'm finding it hard to get sleep. It's hard to keep myself entertained and my brain occupied for like 18+ hours a day sometimes. I do want to find some kind of activity to do though like crafting.

I'm looking into some counseling because my anxiety is really starting to get uncomfortable. I was so exhausted all day and I couldn't go to sleep until I took some pain meds. I know that's not a healthy habit to get into!

Hormone dumping and the elevated adrenaline type fat burning hormones are playing a number on you.

You could ask the doc for something that will help with anxiety and sleep, or there are some homeopathic remedies that can help.

Be sure to get plenty of exercise during the day. That will help put those hormones to good use.

Hope you feel better!

Sorry you're dealing with this but believing this is temporary for you:)
I just wanted to share you are not alone...from time to time the anxiety monster tries to rear its head here too. The other night it had me second guessing my decision but I had to take control over my thoughts by focusing on the positive thus far and all the reasons I made this decision along with what I'm believing to happen for myself on this journey. I would kindly suggest trying the same and it gets better week after week and for sure month after month. Above are some great suggestions and I too had the thought therapy would help just be sure to get a therapist who's specialized in this area or has experience working with clients who've undergone WL surgery. All the best to you![emoji4]

Hormone dumping and the elevated adrenaline type fat burning hormones are playing a number on you.

You could ask the doc for something that will help with anxiety and sleep, or there are some homeopathic remedies that can help.

Be sure to get plenty of exercise during the day. That will help put those hormones to good use.

Hope you feel better!

I haven't started exercising yet, but I’m getting a treadmill hopefully next month as a belated birthday present.

Maybe that will be a nice positive change for me!

Sorry you're dealing with this but believing this is temporary for you:)
I just wanted to share you are not alone...from time to time the anxiety monster tries to rear its head here too. The other night it had me second guessing my decision but I had to take control over my thoughts by focusing on the positive thus far and all the reasons I made this decision along with what I'm believing to happen for myself on this journey. I would kindly suggest trying the same and it gets better week after week and for sure month after month. Above are some great suggestions and I too had the thought therapy would help just be sure to get a therapist who's specialized in this area or has experience working with clients who've undergone WL surgery. All the best to you![emoji4]

Thanks!

I think another problem is that so far this surgery hasn't quite helped me in the ways that I thought it would yet.

Weight loss has been ok (I had bad nausea and wasn't eating like anything so I lost a lot my first month. That accounts for most of my weight loss so I don't really take a lot of pride in that) and honestly the weight part has never been my #1 focus.

My diabetes medication has been upped and in general, I'm on more medication now than I was before the surgery.

I'm dealing with minor things like being cold all the time, the insomnia, etc. so I just don't feel the positive "change" yet.

I'm getting a list of therapists that they use at my surgeon's office.

[Hugs] it will get better!

Don't forget, exercise can be as simple as going for a little walk :) Baby steps to go with your baby tummy...

1 hour ago, Berry78 said:
[Hugs] it will get better!

Don't forget, exercise can be as simple as going for a little walk Baby steps to go with your baby tummy...

I really hope that it gets better because I'm hating this right now.

Edited by TheGirlInThePinkScarf

Please go to your local ER and ask for some help!

Please go to your local ER and ask for some help!

I shouldn't have made that post because I didn't mean it to appear that way!

I'm going to delete it.

I'm meeting with a therapist next week.

You had me scared there! Ok, glad it was just brash typing. Tell ya what, while you are waiting, go to your local health food store and ask for some homeopathic anxiety stuff. It might help :)

I had BAD post partum depression, and took Depressaquel for it. Helped loads! Might be hard to find, but there are others...

Good luck! You can do this!