Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It seemed shortly after my surgery I had all the energy in the world to exercise and push myself well as of late (approximately 2 weeks) I literally have no drive or motivation to work out. I just transitioned into a new job doing something I've always wanted to do. I've been eating according to my plan. Aside from rouge man troubles I'm so happy. I am really proud of all the things I've accomplished lately. It just feels like I have no energy at this point. I am getting a bit down on myself for not being more on top of my work out regimen. I feel so burnt out. Advice? How do I bring myself back to where i was at the beginning of this journey? Am I being too hard on myself or am I slacking off?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Check your blood work, you might need Iron supplements :-)

Sent from my SM-G900FD using the BariatricPal App

Check your blood work, you might need Iron supplements :-)

Sent from my SM-G900FD using the BariatricPal App

or low on B-12

when was your surgery?

These are good questions above. Make sure your supplements are providing you with enough needed Vitamins. Also make sure you are getting your 80-90 grams Protein. That really helps with energy as well.

First of all, don't be so hard on yourself. It is very stressful to start a new job, even if it's something you've always wanted to do. With stress comes anxiety and typically you don't sleep as well with anxiety. I think once you adjust to your new job, everything will fall into place. Just stay on top of your diet, and try to add in little bits of exercise here-and-there. Park farther away at the store, take stairs instead of the elevator, jog in place during commercials. Give yourself a couple of weeks and then hit the gym again. You will get there!!!!!

It would be a good thing to have your blood work done to ensure you aren't having any Vitamin deficiencies. B-12 & Iron would be my #1 suspect as was already mentioned. But before you do that, are you on any regular prescription medication? If so, would it be blood pressure related? It is quite possible your BP is low and making you feel lethargic. You may have to increase your sodium intake as well as increase your Fluid intake. Of course, talk it over with your doctor.

Now, as for the gym; do you have a goal in place or are you just going to workout? The surest way to get bored or burned out is to workout without a plan. Set a goal, make it a hard one and put a deadline out in the future far enough that it isn't unobtainable. Maybe a pull-up, or maybe a mile in 7 minutes... anything. Working out with a goal gives you a purpose and something to maybe obsess over.

I agree. Have your doctor check your blood work. Are you getting plenty of Water and walking in? I am ready to work out but still trying to just walk. My doctor pleaded with me to not try to do to much too fast. I coach track along with football in the fall and I am going to work out with my team starting in Feb. No way I could do that now just four weeks out.

My surgery was November 7th I came bursting through the gates like a crazy person right off the bat. I was shocked at how much energy I had in the beginning. I feel like I'm having a delayed reaction. I'm hard pressed to believe it's a Vitamin deficiency, I have been taking an absurd amount of different supplements through out the days. I'm unsure about Iron however I'll have to check my Multi-Vitamin bottle to see if I've been getting any in at all. I'm getting approximately 84 ounces of Water through the day and about 50 grams of Protein. I am thinking about trying to up my calories but I still gotta get through the mental blocks about going over a certain amount. I'm going to get my blood tests because it would be good to know for sure if it's a physical problem or if it's in my head.

@ BigViffer

I suppose I'm more just doing it to do it at this point I will walk around my favorite lake and I tend to enjoy that much more then getting on the treadmill or stationary bike. As far as goals go I met a couple that I set recently. Big picture wise I guess the dream was to be fit but maybe I'm looking too far off to have that be a fire under my ass. I will have to put my thinking cap on- I like that idea.