Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared or Doubting? I was too.

I have been exploring WLS for 10 years. Kept backing out for various reasons. Cancelled in August because I just couldn't get my mind around doing something so dramatic that I should be able to do on my own. Almost cancelled 3 days before my surgery but my nurse talked me down and I read a lot of success stories and...

Had surgery on January 9. Went very smoothly. Very little pain or gas. Was able to eat without much nausea. Nausea only happened with Morphine. Eating and drinking fine. Walking on day 1. Home 2 days later. Eating is fine, exercise fine, no pain. Stopped pain meds 1 day before leaving hospital. Only annoyance was incision drain. Very sore by the time I had removed yesterday. Removal was easy, and feel so much better now.

So...I tell you all this because I was so torn about doing this. The surgery was easy, I feel fine and it doesn't even feel like I had surgery. I did this more for health and less for looks, but both will benefit. I was down 11 pounds in one week. I encourage anyone who is wavering to hang in there and do your research. You will get through it and you will be glad you did.

@@Keke288

Congratulations on the surgery - sounds like you have it in the bag!!

Now for clothes shopping ;)

Kate

@@keke 288, dod you have the sleeve or bypass?Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

@@keke 288, dod you have the sleeve or bypass?Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I had gastric sleeve. Was recommended by 2 different doctors

Thank you for your story. I am in the same boat. Scared. My surgery is scheduled for 1/30

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Where are you having it done? I had mine done last week Tuesday 1/10....no issues. I will tell you, walk, walk, walk, after recovery. They bring you in the room and tell you to start walking. I was terrified, I had to fly 5 hours to where I had it done, and was worried about trip back. Easy peasy!!! Feeling great, no issues as of today. I started Protein drinks, sugar free Protein pudding yesterday, Kefir today, and no problems to date. So glad I did it!

i'm a week and a few days outta surgery (Surgery date 1/10/17) and feel great and my doctor gave me the ok yesterday to eat soft meats (i've been eating tuna & shrimp) and in 3 weeks i have to go back so he can give me the ok for veggies and i had NO major or intense pain and NO Nausea at all no medicine needed within my surgery after I woke up (everyone's body is different) i had the sleeve plus had to have a lot of scar tissue removed my previous lapband and hernia repaired and i feel super no complaints here

Edited by BariatricMaleModel

i'm a week and a few days outta surgery (Surgery date 1/10/17) and feel great and my doctor gave me the ok yesterday to eat soft meats (i've been eating tuna & shrimp) and in 3 weeks i have to go back so he can give me the ok for veggies and i had NO major or intense pain and NO Nausea at all no medicine needed within my surgery after I woke up (everyone's body is different) i had the sleeve plus had to have a lot of scar tissue removed my previous lapband and hernia repaired and i feel super no complaints here

My VSG Brother!!! Surgery 1/10/17 also... I was fine too, the next day managed to drink 2.5 of my Gatorade drinks they gave at hospital. Been drinking all clears, got ok for Protein drinks/yogurt/vanilla puddings for 5th day (waiting til 6th). They said can start pureed on Sunday, I stocked up chick peas, avocado, lox, Farmer's cheese....sooo looking forward to real food. I saw you did tuna and shrimp....can I asked how you ate or prepared shrimp?

My VSG Brother!!! Surgery 1/10/17 also... I was fine too, the next day managed to drink 2.5 of my Gatorade drinks they gave at hospital. Been drinking all clears, got ok for Protein drinks/yogurt/vanilla puddings for 5th day (waiting til 6th). They said can start pureed on Sunday, I stocked up chick peas, avocado, lox, Farmer's cheese....sooo looking forward to real food. I saw you did tuna and shrimp....can I asked how you ate or prepared shrimp?

same surgery dates and i just boiled the shrimp to make them soft (3 Pieces Large Shrimp) and than used an electric chopper for the shrimp to chop it into the size of the tuna and BAMMM was wonderful and no problems at all