Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More difficult than I thought

I was just banded on 12/01/2016. I have been preparing myself for this for over a year and thought I was ready. After having the band I didn't feel too much pain, just a lot of discomfort in my left arm and every time I eat/drink I feel it in my chest. I think that's where the band is and I only feel it when I eat/drink. I was prepared to not have food, but I was not prepared to realize how much I MISS food! When my husband eats something I have him describe it to me like I'm living vicariously through him eating what I can't. I think missing food is going to be the hardest for me. :(

I have a lot of gas and I'm hoping that's normal. I do just sip on everything and don't use straws or chew gum, but the gas is way worse than I ever thought it would be and the left arm pain is ridiculous. It is getting better as the days go, but this is way different than what I ever thought.

I know I probably shouldn't be weighing myself, but I do every day hoping for the scale to drop. I have only lost 2 lbs after surgery and that's with me eating nothing but my broth, Protein Shake and Water in a day. I would've thought that if I wasn't eating anything that the weight would be dropping. Makes me want to cry because I could weigh same as I did before and be able to eat and now I'm not eating and it's staying the same.

I'm very thankful for this community and my support system and hopefully in a week or so I will have reported some good news. Have a great night everyone and here's to being a better me!

Hang in there BigC. It does get better and you will feel better too.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

You still have gas in you from the surgery I'm guessing since your hurting. It will pass

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I used gas relief chews and i think they have dissolving strips now. I has terrible pain in my left shoulder. I was banded in 2009.....I will spare you the details, but I am getting sleeved soon......You WILL be able to eat again. STAY AWAY from things like overcooked meat, and for me french fries still get stuck, but REALLY embrace the small bites and massive amounts of chewing before you swallow. It will get better but it will remind you in a serious way if you eat to fast or dont chew enough. You will feel better though!

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Too fast*...not to.....????

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Hang in there. It does get better. I was banded 10/31/16 and like you the weight just didn't fall off like I thought it would. I haven't lost anything in the last 3 weeks but I am hoping it will get better after my fill. It is so hard watching everyone eat what you can't. I even hated to see fast food commercials!! I went through depression the first 2 weeks. I missed food more than I ever thought I would. I am sure that it will be worth it in the end. You are not alone...just hang in there.

At almost 8 weeks post op I'm feeling better and I have made changes to help with the head hunger. I change the TV or stand up and move during food comcommercials. Hubby doesn't eat in front of me until I've ate so that my pouch feels full. I've only had one 3 cc fill and don't feel restricted yet. I eat Protein first and track everything. It will get better. Stay strong.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

We are band buddies! My surgery was 12/1 as well. I've had different post op issues though. For one, I'm still extremely sore, especially at my port site. At times, it feels like the port is hitting my ribs! And I'm hungry all the time! I've graduated to puréed foods and cottage cheese, but I still feel hungry, mostly in the evenings.

Help. Had the lap band yesterday. When will I ever have a bowel movement? I hear stories where people say they have barely any pain omg. I feel like I have to cough. Probably from the anesthesia. I hold it in cause it hurts so bad to cough. Way more pain that I thought I would have

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes I was in the same pain. Didnt move my bowels til after a week from surgery. Hang in there Tge pain will go away after five or six days. It's the swelling that you have in your stomach that's causing the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App