Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things done and Questions

I had my follow-up for the psych eval and it went well. He said I'm okay but wants me to start counseling to work on my stress eating. To be honest I didn't realize that's what I did! Talking to him today and telling him about the past, well it really hit me. The good thing is, the counselor that specializes in eating disorders that I was seeing, I can start going to her again. I stopped because she didn't take me reimbursable card. BUT now that my Out-of-Pocket has been met I won't have a fee. YAY! I have a follow-up visit with the Psych on December 23rd.

I'm really starting to get more and more appts that I have to take off work for. I'm debating on telling my main boss the reason I'm having so many doctors appt's is because I am preparing for surgery in April or May. I don't want to tell him what kind of surgery though so I'm not really sure how I'm going to approach him. Any ideas? Also, should I go ahead and file for FMLA that will protect my job during all this? Do you know?

Per my HR dept, they can not ask you why. Just let them know you are having a medical procedure. If they ask you, have them call HR. This is a very personal to me. Yes file FMLA my HR told me I should.

Cocoon to Butterfly

Per my HR dept, they can not ask you why. Just let them know you are having a medical procedure. If they ask you, have them call HR. This is a very personal to me. Yes file FMLA my HR told me I should.

Cocoon to Butterfly

Even though I have about 6-7 mos to go to surgery? Can I do it so soon?

I gave my HR dept a heads up. Didn't tell them before because I wanted to make sure I was actually going to have the surgery. They went ahead and started for FMLA but I haven't turned the paperwork in just yet. I also went ahead and printed emails and time cards for all the days I had to take off or come in late for appointments and gave them to my manager to let her know those previous days were used for doctor and those will be included for FMLA as well.Just keep everything documented for future reference. But you definitely SHOULD be filing FMLA.

Cocoon to Butterfly

Even though I have about 6-7 mos to go to surgery? Can I do it so soon?
No, your HR dept will back you up on this. Contact them.

I gave my HR dept a heads up. Didn't tell them before because I wanted to make sure I was actually going to have the surgery. They went ahead and started for FMLA but I haven't turned the paperwork in just yet. I also went ahead and printed emails and time cards for all the days I had to take off or come in late for appointments and gave them to my manager to let her know those previous days were used for doctor and those will be included for FMLA as well.Just keep everything documented for future reference. But you definitely SHOULD be filing FMLA.

Cocoon to Butterfly