Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery. I've been worried since day one that my sleeve isn't tight enough. I've been able to drink Water and get Protein Shakes down with absolutely no problem from day 2 on! Today I ate a can of those little Bumble Bee Lemon Pepper tuna Kits (comes in a 3 oz cans with 5 crackers). I ate half of it, and then 50 minutes later ate the other half. Does this sound like too much? I don't feel like I over ate at all. I feel comfortable. The reason it makes me nervous is because I have my cousin and my best friend, who also was sleeved, tell me there's no way they could have ever eaten that much only 2 1/2 weeks post op. Makes me feel like I won't be as successful as them. I had a total of 3.5 oz of food in an hour time span. Am I freaking out for nothing? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Don't stress.Just measure your food and talk to your NUT/surgeon if you're worried. I am nearly 3 months post op and second myself alllllll the time - I always compare what I eat to Instagram posts, lol, and it's just a waste of time. We are all different!

I don't think you are eating too much.

Some can only eat a little but they have to eat more often, others can eat more at one sitting and be full longer. I'm post op day 27 and according to my program, I should be striving for a 2-4 oz a meal in one sitting, and of course, always hitting my Protein goal & 64 oz Water. If I can't eat that much, I'm not suppose to stress about it...etc. Now, if you can eat 8 oz in one sitting without feeling full at 2.5 wks, then I'd be :blink: .

I am 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery. I've been worried since day one that my sleeve isn't tight enough. I've been able to drink Water and get Protein shakes down with absolutely no problem from day 2 on! Today I ate a can of those little Bumble Bee Lemon Pepper tuna Kits (comes in a 3 oz cans with 5 crackers). I ate half of it, and then 50 minutes later ate the other half. Does this sound like too much? I don't feel like I over ate at all. I feel comfortable. The reason it makes me nervous is because I have my cousin and my best friend, who also was sleeved, tell me there's no way they could have ever eaten that much only 2 1/2 weeks post op. Makes me feel like I won't be as successful as them. I had a total of 3.5 oz of food in an hour time span. Am I freaking out for nothing? LOL

Tuna and crackers at 2 1/2 weeks post op? That alone is a scary thought. Anyway the way my surgeon explained the sleeve to me is that everyone goes into surgery with different stomach sizes, but everyone comes out of surgery with the same size stomach/sleeve. Apparently they place a standard size tube into your tummy to size your sleeve up and then remove the "extra" part of the stomach, seal it up and of course remove that measuring tube thingy. I feel the same as you though. Water and shakes go down very easily and I don't really feel full. I'm not at all worried though because liquid just slides on through. BUT I do wonder when I start puréed foods if I will begin to feel that full sensation. I'm 16 days post op and still have about 14 days to go before I reach that stage.

“Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.”

I am one week out and soft food stage, yes, it's ok, my NUT and MD said it's fine....I have no problem with any foods, no nause, have not thrown up, eating just fine. I'm under 700 calories a day and eating healthy. Compared to what I was doing I'd say this is tremendous.

Sent from my XT1080 using the BariatricPal App

One thing I might add is why did you go back to it at 50 minutes later? We're you hungry or just trying to make sure you are getting Protein in? The rule I was given is to take 20 to 30 minutes to eat a meal and no more. Sometimes that means very little bites and sometimes you are full before that time but going back to it in an hour (and essentially your stomach has emptied making room for more) just leads to grazing. This was tuna do not a bad choice if you are going to do it, but just be aware that you need to move on after your meal and not go back for more. Plus if you are waiting 30 minutes after eating to drink, then this makes it harder to get your fluids in. Have I done it? Yep. More than once but I try hard not to.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

I am 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery. I've been worried since day one that my sleeve isn't tight enough. I've been able to drink Water and get Protein shakes down with absolutely no problem from day 2 on! Today I ate a can of those little Bumble Bee Lemon Pepper tuna Kits (comes in a 3 oz cans with 5 crackers). I ate half of it, and then 50 minutes later ate the other half. Does this sound like too much? I don't feel like I over ate at all. I feel comfortable. The reason it makes me nervous is because I have my cousin and my best friend, who also was sleeved, tell me there's no way they could have ever eaten that much only 2 1/2 weeks post op. Makes me feel like I won't be as successful as them. I had a total of 3.5 oz of food in an hour time span. Am I freaking out for nothing? LOL

Tuna and crackers at 2 1/2 weeks post op? That alone is a scary thought. Anyway the way my surgeon explained the sleeve to me is that everyone goes into surgery with different stomach sizes, but everyone comes out of surgery with the same size stomach/sleeve. Apparently they place a standard size tube into your tummy to size your sleeve up and then remove the "extra" part of the stomach, seal it up and of course remove that measuring tube thingy. I feel the same as you though. Water and shakes go down very easily and I don't really feel full. I'm not at all worried though because liquid just slides on through. BUT I do wonder when I start puréed foods if I will begin to feel that full sensation. I'm 16 days post op and still have about 14 days to go before I reach that stage.

Thank you! Yes I can have puréed foods now starting at 14 days post op. My plan says I can have canned tuna because it's extremely flakey and turns into a purée when you chew. And the crackers came with the pack, but the instructions on my paperwork say that crackers are ok too because it turns into mushy when you chew it. It's a 3 oz can of tuna. I can usually eat 2-3 oz refried Beans, but for some reason I was thinking tuna was a denser Protein and I wouldn't be able to finish the 3 oz package.

One thing I might add is why did you go back to it at 50 minutes later? We're you hungry or just trying to make sure you are getting Protein in? The rule I was given is to take 20 to 30 minutes to eat a meal and no more. Sometimes that means very little bites and sometimes you are full before that time but going back to it in an hour (and essentially your stomach has emptied making room for more) just leads to grazing. This was tuna do not a bad choice if you are going to do it, but just be aware that you need to move on after your meal and not go back for more. Plus if you are waiting 30 minutes after eating to drink, then this makes it harder to get your fluids in. Have I done it? Yep. More than once but I try hard not to.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

I have small children LOL. I was feeding them at the same time I was trying to eat. It was dinner time. Once I got them fed, I finished, hence the 50 minute time span. I just had the same thing for dinner tonight and finished the 3 oz of tuna in 30 mins. I don't know why I think it's so strange that I eat 3 oz and don't feel stuffed, but for some reason I feel like I shouldn't be able to eat that much yet.

Thank you! Yes I can have puréed foods now starting at 14 days post op. My plan says I can have canned tuna because it's extremely flakey and turns into a purée when you chew. And the crackers came with the pack, but the instructions on my paperwork say that crackers are ok too because it turns into mushy when you chew it. It's a 3 oz can of tuna. I can usually eat 2-3 oz refried Beans, but for some reason I was thinking tuna was a denser Protein and I wouldn't be able to finish the 3 oz package.

I know exactly what you are talking about because I love those little tuna kits. Lol I'm bummed because I have 2 more weeks to go before I can have anything other than liquids. :( And those little crackers are so good!!!!!! I think I torture myself more when I read what everyone else is eating on this site. LOL

Fran, did you or your friends have hiatal hernia repair?

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

No they didn't. I was wondering that too :( LOL I guess I should be happy I can eat and drink without issues. It's only 3-4 oz I can eat anyways LOL. I don't know why I'm freaking out. Just really want to be successful.

I had very minimal swelling and never had an issue eating my portions during liquid, puree or soft food. It freaked me out too, I half way teasingly asked my surgeon if he was sure he took my stomach out at my 1 month post op. I think we are so used to trying/failing diet after dist before surgery that we subconsciously assume we'll fail this too. My MD and NUT pointed out that eating my portion, feeling satisfied but not stuffed was exactly how we're supposed to be training our bodies/brains to eat during this time. They reminded me that if I'm measuring my portions and eating just my measured portion that's NOT overeating.

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

I had very minimal swelling and never had an issue eating my portions during liquid, puree or soft food. It freaked me out too, I half way teasingly asked my surgeon if he was sure he took my stomach out at my 1 month post op. I think we are so used to trying/failing diet after dist before surgery that we subconsciously assume we'll fail this too. My MD and NUT pointed out that eating my portion, feeling satisfied but not stuffed was exactly how we're supposed to be training our bodies/brains to eat during this time. They reminded me that if I'm measuring my portions and eating just my measured portion that's NOT overeating.

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

Ahhh. I feel soooo much better reading your reply!!!!! How far out are you now?