Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this normal?

I am 3 weeks out and can't hardly eat anything if it isn't a popsicle or Jello. I have been feeling like crap.. I throw up any food I eat even after chewing 30 times and waiting in between bites. I am down 21lbs in 3 weeks which is great but with the eating issues and the pains I have in my abdomen I also sometimes think it was a mistake. The pain in my abdomen was so bad I almost went to the hospital. I hope that I can get passed this part because I am seriously miserable

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

no, I do not think this is normal. Were you seen at one week? do you have a one month follow up in the next week? I would be letting your team know just exactly how bad it is and see what they say. it could just be that your stomach seam is slow to heal, but it could be something else. tests may be needed to find out which.

I have my Protein shake every morning which I can get down about 3 oz of and throughout the day I am constantly drinking Water Decaf tea I have my popsicles and Jello I have tried to eat ground turkey and it just doesn't stay down. The Greek yogurt is also a little too thick that sometimes it kind of comes up like flem which is pretty nasty. I was seen at 1 week and I felt pretty good then. I also wasn't trying to eat any "foods". My dr did suggest that I stay on mushy a little longer so I went back to that but sometimes I still have issues with the mushy foods.

I have my Protein shake every morning which I can get down about 3 oz of and throughout the day I am constantly drinking Water Decaf tea I have my popsicles and Jello I have tried to eat ground turkey and it just doesn't stay down. The Greek yogurt is also a little too thick that sometimes it kind of comes up like flem which is pretty nasty. I was seen at 1 week and I felt pretty good then. I also wasn't trying to eat any "foods". My dr did suggest that I stay on mushy a little longer so I went back to that but sometimes I still have issues with the mushy foods.

I add almond milk to the Greek yogurt. It is too thick. I am almost 5 weeks out. I eat half a yogurt at a time. Ground turkey made me sick too. Try weight control oatmeal. Add extra Water

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am 3 weeks out and can't hardly eat anything if it isn't a popsicle or Jello. I have been feeling like crap.. I throw up any food I eat even after chewing 30 times and waiting in between bites. I am down 21lbs in 3 weeks which is great but with the eating issues and the pains I have in my abdomen I also sometimes think it was a mistake. The pain in my abdomen was so bad I almost went to the hospital. I hope that I can get passed this part because I am seriously miserable

I second those who said it's not normal. I'd go to the ER room, at the very least, contact your doctor ASAP.

The pain has subsided for about 3 days now.. I have gone back to mushy foods only and have been resting a bit more. I see my doctor on Tuesday so we will see what he says! Adding almond milk to the Greek yogurt sounds like an amazing idea!! I would definitely try that it was ok at first but now is just too thick for me.

I decided to have a resource guide at home, so I bought _The Big Book on The Gastric Sleeve_ by the founder of BariatricPal.com and was just reading about the gas and bloating I am having at day 5. I've been doing Jello ok since day 2 in the hospital. I'd be very concerned at 3 weeks if I were having your symptoms. I vote for calling doc on call immediately!

Deborah

I decided to have a resource guide at home, so I bought _The Big Book on The Gastric Sleeve_ by the founder of BariatricPal.com and was just reading about the gas and bloating I am having at day 5. I've been doing Jello ok since day 2 in the hospital. I'd be very concerned at 3 weeks if I were having your symptoms. I vote for calling doc on call immediately!

Deborah

I am also at day 5. Or 4, I'm not sure how to really count. I have a horrible bloated full cramping feeling - like gas pain but more moderate, yet still rough. I sure wish it would go away, it's hard to even get the Protein and liquid in! I sip sip sip but can't get enough. My tummy (more my esophagus) gurgles up what I'm guessing is trapped gas everytime, which does nothinf but make a teensy bit of room for the sip I took.

I'm definitely in the regret phase.

@@rolosmom7, have you tried Gas X strips? When I get this feeling, I put 2-3 on my tongue and it seems to help. I think everyone goes through the regret phase, but it will get better! At 1 month out, I am still having trouble with most meats and thick refried Beans. I have to eat reallllly slowly, and I am always uncomfortable after every meal. That said, I can tell it's getting better. Each week, I can eat a little more, and each little meal I eat gets a tiny bit less uncomfortable. Hang in there!

• @fallonmart, I agree with the other posters. It doesn't seem normal to be in so much pain 3 weeks out. I would call your surgeon's office and tell them about it. Good luck to you!

Deborah

I am also at day 5. Or 4, I'm not sure how to really count. I have a horrible bloated full cramping feeling - like gas pain but more moderate, yet still rough. I sure wish it would go away, it's hard to even get the Protein and liquid in! I sip sip sip but can't get enough. My tummy (more my esophagus) gurgles up what I'm guessing is trapped gas everytime, which does nothinf but make a teensy bit of room for the sip I took.

Are you taking anything for stomach acid (a PPI)? Be sure to walk to get rid of the gas! Try different temps of liquids to see if you tolerate any more than the other. Sometimes people are able to drink hot tea or ice cold Water better.

Deborah

Are you taking anything for stomach acid (a PPI)? Be sure to walk to get rid of the gas! Try different temps of liquids to see if you tolerate any more than the other. Sometimes people are able to drink hot tea or ice cold Water better.
Yes, pantaprazole. I walk and walk, and hot liquid is definitely better. It's just the constant horrible overstuffed feeling. Hoping it gets better, I'm sure it will.

@@rolosmom7, have you tried Gas X strips? When I get this feeling, I put 2-3 on my tongue and it seems to help. I think everyone goes through the regret phase, but it will get better! At 1 month out, I am still having trouble with most meats and thick refried Beans. I have to eat reallllly slowly, and I am always uncomfortable after every meal. That said, I can tell it's getting better. Each week, I can eat a little more, and each little meal I eat gets a tiny bit less uncomfortable. Hang in there!

• @fallonmart, I agree with the other posters. It doesn't seem normal to be in so much pain 3 weeks out. I would call your surgeon's office and tell them about it. Good luck to you!
Thank you

Wal-Mart has some pretty good Soups that you can blend up. That's the only real food with consistency I can tolerate but the Soups are DELICIOUS.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App