Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cough cough cough

I am so tired of this coughing. I first got pneumonia, got that almost cleared up and then got chronic bronchitis, well as far as I know that is gone, now seems like all I do is cough or throw up. I have been sound asleep and start couging in my sleep, then the next thing I know I have a mouth full of something. Really scary cause I am asleep when this happens. Not sure how much I have in me right now, had went to the dr awhile back and he took out quite a bit, well now he has been putting it back and the coughing is getting worse. Cant sleep on account of this dont each much when I do I feel like everything is just setting there on top of band. He sent me for a swallow test and everything came back great but I just dont feel like everything is, not with all this coughing.

Sounds like you are getting reflux from your band, ask your doc to loosen it slightly, it sounds like its too tight.

Hello! I can relate. I had my surgery several years ago. I had been maintaining my weight between 130-135 for years and then I got sick. I was diagnosed with pneumonia. I ended up getting a bit out of my band and then went back for a fill. For more than 1 1/2 years I was coughing in the night. Not during the day - the night. It has been HORRIBLE! Keeping my husband awake every single night. I FINALLY bit the bullet and got an unfill. Now I am 30+ pounds heavier, but I have been resting ever since. I go tomorrow to try to start back with fills.

I have learned over the years....I will only ask for .25. AND then I will go back if more is needed only after I am able to eat and sleep! I am on a Quest to get off this extra weight! I wish you good luck!!!

Night Coughs! Ugh! Are from the Devil! I'm convinced! Although I have lost 13lbs since the coughing started.

For me they begin around 7.5cc's in my 10cc Allergan

Had 0.7 removed today....praying this stops the coughs and not the weight loss

@@verna2197

Hi Verna,

I wondered about your outcome as I seem to have a similar problem.

Thanks,

--Steph--

Edited by send2steph

Hi I went to the Dr and he took out 4/10 of Fluid which really helped me alot but then I started gaining weight. So I just went back to the Dr and he put back in 2/10 of fluid and so far good Now just to get this weight back off. My only problem I am having now is we have moved and am looking for a Dr in the Knoxville, Oak Ridge, or Powell vicinity. Anyone know of one? Going to see the Dr I have now is about a 6 hour drive round trip

Pepcid AC Maximum Strength have stopped my night coughing/Vomiting/GERD for two weeks now

I've also gained 5lbs

*sigh

Gaviscon Maximum Strength, going for a 30 minute walk during/after a meal, eating smaller meals, also not eating an hour or two before bed, sleeping straight up, like in a recliner, and emptying out your intestines like w/a laxative before bed, helps your digestive system, have all helped, at least until you're properly unfilled...sleeping w/my left arm up (bcuz that's the side my band is on) helps me also

Coughing is a sign of acid reflux.I had the sleeve surgery in 2011.Last year I started coughing and having terrible reflux.I had to have a revision to bypass on Nov.22,2016.It has really helped.I went back to my weight loss Dr and he did upper GI and endoscope.I was turned downed at first because insurance thought it was about weight loss.Then sent my other Drs records for acid reflux and my Dr did a Peer to Peer.I say this only to warn people who had the lapband or sleeve that this can happen.Be Aware.