Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to start mushy food this week

I am going to be 2 weeks 6/29.

I'm not having any problems getting my liquids and Protein. Dying to taste real food again!

My problem is that I don't feel that full. I have a 5oz. yogurt and feel like l could have another. Is this normal? I thought I was going to be too full to eat.

If I would be told to eat 2oz of tuna tomorrow I would probably eat a whole can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

Yogurt and tuna are very different. Yogurt is not dense Protein and it tends to slide right through your pyloric valve, thus your restriction is not engaged. Also, at two weeks out your stomach nerves are still healing and aren't necessarily capable of reliably telling your brain that you shouldn't give it any more food. That's why it is so important to measure or weigh a small portion and eat that, and only that, regardless of what physical signals you may or may not be getting. Good luck!

Start with measuring out 2 oz and see how you feel after. Even if you think you could eat more it would be a bad idea. You are still healing, you don't want to push it

Yogurt and tuna are very different. Yogurt is not dense Protein and it tends to slide right through your pyloric valve, thus your restriction is not engaged. Also, at two weeks out your stomach nerves are still healing and aren't necessarily capable of reliably telling your brain that you shouldn't give it any more food. That's why it is so important to measure or weigh a small portion and eat that, and only that, regardless of what physical signals you may or may not be getting. Good luck!

This is great to know because I too haven't been experiencing that fullness that I was anticipating either but I'm only 1 week out and have only had broth, Jello and Popsicles.

I'm on the Clear Liquids, 4 days post op, and while I'm not starving I'm also feeling somewhat hungry much of the time. Not sure if it is always true hunger or if it is head hunger but I can't wait to eat real food again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I started puréed food yesterday and I can definitely tell when I'm full. Im having a very hard time getting in 2 ounces. I have to eat 1 ounce and then wait an hour to eat the 2nd ounce. With yogurt I don't have this problem though. I can easily eat 4-5 ounces no problem. It was on my full liquid diet I just finished though so it's definitely different then puréed foods.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I started puréed food yesterday and I can definitely tell when I'm full. Im having a very hard time getting in 2 ounces. I have to eat 1 ounce and then wait an hour to eat the 2nd ounce. With yogurt I don't have this problem though. I can easily eat 4-5 ounces no problem. It was on my full liquid diet I just finished though so it's definitely different then puréed foods.

When was your surgery?

When was your surgery?

June 10!

What types of pureed foods do you eat? I started today and am looking for suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

What types of pureed foods do you eat? I started today and am looking for suggestions.

I have a nice food processor so I can puree almost anything. I've done puréed baked potato, beef brisket with a small amount of BBQ Sauce (it was heaven), refried Beans, and taco meat. All were really good. It's weird with the meats because the texture is so different, but the taste is the same. I plan on trying more foods as the week goes on.

I have a nice food processor so I can puree almost anything. I've done puréed baked potato, beef brisket with a small amount of BBQ Sauce (it was heaven), refried Beans, and taco meat. All were really good. It's weird with the meats because the texture is so different, but the taste is the same. I plan on trying more foods as the week goes on.

Awesome, thanks!