Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days out of surgery

I am 3 days out of surgery and back in Canada. I dont know which one of the medicin is making my mouth taste horrible but I tried not taking anything and the stomach started feeling nasty so I got back on them after half a day.

My main problem at the moment is this. If I smell that chicken broth from half a mile away, I am sure I will throw up. I am sick and tired of apple juice and even Jello is not doing it for me. I am used to be being up and around and at the moment I can't even move around the house for longer than 5 minutes because my legs feel weak and I know it's due to the fact that I haven't eaten. Is there anything else I can be having instead of broth?? Diluted milk maybe?? The antibiotic is huge and nasty so I cut it in half and hide it in jello. This morning I had it with a spoon full of activia yogurt. And how much is too much for a meal at this point?? I do half a cup of diluted juice or 10 spoons ful of that nasty Soup and then I stop since I am too scared and put off by the idea of broth. Are you guys taking all of the medicin given out by Mexico bariatrics??

Ketosis is probably what is making your mouth taste horrible.

Getting through the first two weeks has been excruciatingly hard for me, too. My last day of broth, I was consuming 2 oz and gagging it down. I hate the pills because I can taste the fish in them. I swear I will never eat another "Cream of" ANYTHING once I get past the 2nd phase. The Protein is horrible, but I just keep grinding because I know this will be worth it in a few weeks. It is hard for me to follow directions but I am doing my best. I have to constantly remind myself that I am not unique and there are a lot of people who have walked this journey before me and made it through the other side. I also know this weekend I will get to have some real food!!!

HW: 437

SW: 376

RNY on 5/16/16

I stopped taking the medicin on the 4th day. I just could not continue anymore and strangely enough, I was not dizzy and austere bymore. I take the magnesium every once in a while when I feel bloated and it helps. I am just being extra careful and making sure I keep up with how I feel during the day or after I eat..

As dude said, I can not even look at a box of broth. I had some in my room the other day and I nearly threw up from the smell of it. I open a tiny cup of activia yogurt and eat it through out the day. Last bit of it I have just before sleep. I got the Protein Shake and it's disgusting. I can not have that either. Today I tried two servings with natural and sugar free apple juice. I know I won't benefit from it much but I wanted to put something in my stomach since the lack of energy is really getting to me. I did not have sugar or juice for the rest of the day. The shake was alright but towards the end of it, I could not soo anymore..

I ate two straws of ramen noodles yesterday. I wanted to see if I would feel sick which I didn't.. Today I bought some mushroom Soup and put lots of Water in it. It tasted so so good but I didn't want to push my luck with it so only a couple spoons ful..I was feeling satisfied already which feels amazing.. I don't recal ever feeling ful before.

One week ago on this day, I had my surgery. I know I did not take my time with the clear liquid phase but everything I was having, I either hated too much or included sugar and that can't be good.. Transitioning right now but being very very very careful.. So far I haven't felt sick from anything I have eaten except one time I had a tiny spoon ful of solid split pea accidentally. I forgot for a moment. I felt nauseated and dizzy but it was over shortly after.

In the mornings when I wake up, I feel like my tummy hurts a little as if it would from hunger. I sip a little Gatorade and it really helps. Starting to feel better.. For those of you who have come out of the surgery recently, hang in there.. Things will get better soon!

Do you have any local Chinese take outs? You might enjoy there wonton Soup broth without wonton. Or make your own broth. It's super easy, butcher beef bones in pot with Water to cover, whole onion, 2 stalks celery, 2 carrots and cover and cook on simmer 2 hours and season with salt and you'll have to strain out the liquid. But you can do it with chicken too. Fresh taste best! You won't gag I promise, and it will help you heal. Bone Broth is so good for you!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App