Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

My insurance does not cover bariatric surgery and the price I was given in CT is $26,000. YIKES!

This report shows in New Jersey being significantly lower. I'm willing to drive.

Are there in sleevers in the NY, NJ, CT area who have gotten sleeved in the Tri-State for a (much) lower fee? Would love your recommendations.

Thanks!

I had surgery in New Jersey... Was covered by insurance but the cost was 39,000. I can't believe you heard it was less.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I got a price of $18,000 at NYU... I'm pre-op so I'm exploring back up plans if insurance makes it impossible... That quote was based on a three night hospital stay.

Since posting @ I also got an $18,000 with NY Bariatric Group - but the office is in Long Island and the procedure is way up in Westchester County. The best one I found was $10,500 in Boca Raton - but the logistics of that are more than I can deal with.

Wow, that's a lot! I'm in Colorado and did self pay. Mine was just under $12,000 for the sleeve. I ended up only staying in the hospital one night though, so a check is in the mail to reimburse me (I paid for 2 nights). Not sure how much, but every little bit helps!

I'm not in your area I'm from Texas and it's $14,000 my insurance doesn't cover it. I've done all but one test and it's taking so long to get it scheduled. You would think since I'm paying cash they would hurry the process up. My husband works in Saudi Arabia and I have told them numerous times I have a window whilst he's home to get this done since I have to drive two hours to San Antonio Texas to have the surgery

Florida - 10500 with Dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton. Went to a meeting last week, very impressed and also good reviews. Also Dr. Wizman with similar package.

I don't know if it worth the travel for you but these are the lowest I found on the east coast

The price is getting lower lol... Mexico sounds so appealing recovering by the beach, I'm just not comfortable having a procedure out of the country...

I'm in MI and I'm self pay. I seriously considered Mexico but my aunt died having a Tummy Tuck abroad and I just can't get past it. My doctor is Dr. Pleatman and he has many out-of-state patients. My surgery is 6/7 and the total out of pocket cost was $11,000.

Edited by fits_like_a_sleeve

Houston tx $13,500 for cash pts. If they find a hernia then my portion will be $6900. Ins will pick up the difference.

@@midvishon I talked to Dr. Shillingford's office yesterday. I'm glad to hear they are highly regarded. Found out last night that the $18k quote doesn't include pre-op testing- which will likely add another $2000 to my cost. So I'm definitely considering the Florida option strongly.

@"newme68" - I am in Houston as well and my surgeon is asking me to pay extra out of pocket to pay for hernia repair, not filing it under insurance. Do you mind me asking which surgeon you chose? Would much rather pay $6900 as opposed to $13k!

@@midvishon I talked to Dr. Shillingford's office yesterday. I'm glad to hear they are highly regarded. Found out last night that the $18k quote doesn't include pre-op testing- which will likely add another $2000 to my cost. So I'm definitely considering the Florida option strongly.

If you decide to go with Dr. Shillingford, and aren't going to put the surgery on a credit card, ask about their cash (check, money order, etc) discount. I only paid $10,000, and that $500 discount more than covered my travel expenses (I flew from Minnesota for the surgery because of his self pay pricing).

I looked into self pay in case my insurance [Tricare Prime] denies me for any reasons. Self pay in Savannah Georgia - $19,184.

That covers:

1. All pre-operative appointments and classes

2. Hospitalization for up to 6 days

3. Surgeons fee for sleeve gastrectomy surgery

4. Anesthesia fee for initial procedure

5. Nurse anesthetists fee for procedure

6. Performance of upper GI series after surgery

7. Routine postoperative care for up to 90 days

8. Hernia repair, if a hernia is found at time of surgery.