Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and have questions

Hi

I'm starting Pre op diet tomorrow my op is 17 May

Sleeve.

How quick did u feel better? When can I drive

Are you all happy?

Does everyone get loose skin

Thank you xx

Sent from my D6603 using the BariatricPal App

Hi cc70,

I was sleeved on 19th April and I can honestly say I've felt absolutely fine since day one really. I more or less slept for the first two days then came home and I've been ok. I'm absolutely amazed but I've had no pain whatsoever. I drove for the first time on Friday approximately 10 days after.

I've no regrets whatsoever, the weight is coming off nicely and I'm looking forward to summer for the first time in years.

Too early to say about loose skin.

Where are you having it done?

Edited by RosieCheeks

Hi cc70,

I was sleeved on 19th April and I can honestly say I've felt absolutely fine since day one really. I more or less slept for the first two days then came home and I've been ok. I'm absolutely amazed but I've had no pain whatsoever. I drove for the first time on Friday approximately 10 days after.

I've no regrets whatsoever, the weight is coming off nicely and I'm looking forward to summer for the first time in years.

Too early to say about loose skin.

Where are you having it done?

So happy for you x hoping I'll be the same

I'm getting it done at Albyn in Aberdeen xx

Thanks for getting back to me

I'm still pre op so can't answer your questions but I wonder what the reason is for not driving. I spend hours daily driving my kids around. I'm planning to get help the first few days after surgery but after that I'm going to have to jump back in my taxi. Lol of course I would never drive if I was taking any pain medications but other than that I don't know why so many don't drive.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

It's the same as any abdominal operation, you need to give it time to heal.

I was warned not to drive for 7 days minimum and would NOT be insured during the period, so please think carefully before 'jumping back in the taxi'.

I've got loads of loose skin but I'm 63 so don't think there is much I can do about it now. It's mostly covered up tho so I don't mind too much.

Have a look at kinda familiars post re "arse cream" it will make you smile if nothing else!

Hi cc70,

How did the surgery go?

I just found this board and saw that you were also booked in at Albyn. I am scheduled for June 28th.

I am so nervous about future life after surgery. What was it like once you got home and living the diet? Any hunger? Is your loss as you expected? Any advice?

Thanks xx

Hi good luck with your surgery! I was able to drive after 3 days and as long as I was off the pain killer med. which I was when I got home from the hospital. I was back to work after 1 week. I was just very tired but that goes away, by 2 weeks I was feeling normal again and ready to do some exercise besides walking but my dr said to wait 4 weeks. I'm 5 months post op , 68 pounds down and feeling fabulous!! I work out everyday whether it's the gym hiking or Zumba . Loss skin is there and I don't think I can do much about it, I'm 53 and have gained and loss a few times, my daughters skin looks much better then mine but she is 27

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't think it's a case of being 'able'' to drive, it's more about insurance company stipulations. This is classed as major abdominal surgery and your insurance company may require a doctor's okay before reinstating your insurance. I would be very careful and check it all out before jumping back behind the wheel. Personally, I would not get in a car with someone 3 days after surgery, the anaesthetic hasn't even had chance to clear out.

Edited by RosieCheeks

Hi cc70,

How did the surgery go?

I just found this board and saw that you were also booked in at Albyn. I am scheduled for June 28th.

I am so nervous about future life after surgery. What was it like once you got home and living the diet? Any hunger? Is your loss as you expected? Any advice?

Thanks xx

Hi

Are you getting it done in Albyn?

Well I'm feeling lots better today - still gassy but have been walking about today and yesterday x cudnt keep much down yesterday so that was hard but got injection to stop feeling nauseas.

I'm not in any pain as such I wud describe it as more uncomfortable due to gas but it is going.

Staying in for the 3 nights. Surgery went well and Duff Bruce has visited me every day and night xx good luck ????

Thanks for the update cc70.

I am getting done at Albyn too.

Glad you're are feeling good and the gas is passing. I have GasX ready to use!

I hope the next part of the journey is a smooth one! :)

Hope you're ok cc. The gas passes in a couple of days.