Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

D-I-S-R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find out what it means to me

I noticed quite a few replies to many different posts being a little disrespectful lately.

Having a differing opinion is one thing, flaming or cursing someone out because they don't agree with you is another.

We are adults here and don't need to be "touchy-feely" and "PC" all the time, but respectfully disagreeing with someone (even in a "tough-love" way) is a better approach.

There were times that someone really needed a response that would have even the filthiest mouthed person want to wash my mouth out with internet soap (probably "Lava" soap, since it has pumice in it), but I resisted. Not because they got over on me, but I decided not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Granted, some people post as trolls and bait people, they are so good at it they are "master-baiters", but sometimes a non-aggressive response to them is better. They won't get the rise out of you and hopefully they will slither away back to underneath the bridge where they came from never to be heard from again.

No animals were hurt in the making of this post.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Fun fact:

Respect by Aretha Franklin was the #1 song on the day I was born.

Yes, I'm old.

Fun fact:

Yes, I'm old.

Naw you ain't. I was a teenager when "Respect" was #1.

Fun fact:

Yes, I'm old.

I was 3 years old when her version of Otis Redding's song came out.

You're just a "youngin'" compared to me. :)

From Rags to Riches-Tony Bennett. :)

(Just like) Starting Over - John Lennon

Oh wow, I like that... my song is I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

:D

Totally agree with the initial posting. I am shocked (but sadly, not surprised) when someone is so nasty and abusive to any one without reason.

I get that the format of text/posting like this - written communication - is sometimes difficult read tone and can be misinterpreted and it's easy to misread things sometimes. But maybe take a moment and think if this thing you're getting offended about might have been meant as advice, help, commiseration, encouragement, or even tough love? Cause that's primarily what I've seen on this forum.

And if you don't like what someone has to say, ignore them. How hard is that?

Outright attacks and abusive language, or vulgarity for vulgarity's sake doesn't make a person sound tough and cool; it just makes them sound idiotic, and makes me wonder if they flunked out of middle school - clearly a case of arrested development in the brain category. For sure just makes me pity those types of people because they lack intelligence, and will always wallow with in the mud and attempt to drag everyone else down to their ignorant level.

I hate seeing that kind of thing happen here, as I really like this place and feel like it should be a safe, supportive environment, and I'm very thankful for all of the wonderful posters that reach out to a bunch of perfect strangers to offer some help or comfort or just a slap up side the head (when needed!). So I'm super glad that most of those @#!$ jerkfaces get booted out after showing their true colors. We don't need that type of negativity and nasty here.

I love Tony Bennett so.....

Sometimes people forget you can "just keep scrolling."

Sometimes people forget you can "just keep scrolling."

AMEN!

Well, I could start saying "beg your pardon" again. That went over sooooo well last time!

Surrender by Elvis Presley. ????

Just a note:

If you add your comment about the OP's subject without checking what the #1 song was the day you were born and posting it, I will be sad.

That is all.

I love Tony Bennett so.....
In San Francisco (home of the World's Most Beautiful Ballpark), when the Giants win a home game, they play "I left My Heart in San Francisco".

And in answer to your question: "Sh-boom" by the Crew Cuts. We can't have our Babbs being sad!

Edited by 2goldengirl