Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mad at myself

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, I did fantastic! I have been SO GOOD since surgery in July. Yesterday I had a few bites of stuffing. I didn't beat myself up because I am so so good all the time & it literally was a few small bites & I stay VERY LOW on carbs anyway. Then tonight, getting my husband a plate of leftovers, I DID IT AGAIN!!!!! WTF!!!!!! I took a few bites! NOW I WANT TO KICK MY OWN ASS!! OMG I am down 80 lb so far total since pre op diet.... WHY DID I GIVE IN??????????

THATS HOW I GOT FRIGGIN FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE! well then I baked Peanut Butter Cookies for my husband... And YAY I WAS EXCELLENT!!!!! DID NOT HAVE A DAMN THING. I REFUSE TO SELF SABOTAGE. So why did I eat those few bites of stuffing tonight? ???????? do you think it will put weight back on me?

No, sweetheart. It will be ok! Do not be so hard on yourself. You did something you feel was wrong, now learn from it and move on :). We all slip up and I will tell you I did worse than you!!!!! If it will make you feel better, go walk for 20-30 minutes !!

I worked out in gym with weights for an hour today ???????? .... thank you. Its so scary to think I can ruin it all for myself.

There is nothing wrong with a few bites of (stuffing/mashed potatoes/ice cream/cheesecake/etc). It's when you eat a ridiculous amount that it's problem. I don't deny myself a few bites of anything, especially when it's something like my mom's stuffing that we only have once a year. In the grand scheme of things, what's 100ish calories and a dozen or so carbs? I can't eat more than 1/2 cup at a sitting anyways, so it might as well be something I really want, especially if it's a very occasional treat.

;)

You're fine. The leftovers will be gone soon enough. Enjoy your few bites and move on.

That's a really good point! Thank you. Will help me not beat myself up. Thank you ????????

:o I'm about to go crawl into bed with a piece of apple pie and I have no guilt whatsoever.

None of us gained weight from just a few bites. I am not even counting my carbs and do have a few bites of some kind of carb at every meal whether it's some fruit on my cottage cheese, some high Protein crackers with cheese, some veg AND mashed potatoes with my dinner. The important thing is that it can be a slippery slope to get back on that hormonal sugar insulin roller coaster. So as long as you avoid that you should be ok. I do not eat bread rice or Pasta but I did also had some stuffing at thanksgiving but it was about 1/8th - 1/10th of what I used to have. Back then the more I ate the hungrier I got.

LOL! You're fine.

But you might spend a few moments contemplating how you could be a little kinder to yourself in the future when you turn out not to be perfect. That sounded like a lot of self-hate you turned on yourself over a couple bites of dressing.

We don't do ourselves any favors when we beat the s**t out of ourselves. Because if perfection is our goal, we are all S.O.L.

food should not be our enemy anymore. Make food your nourishment, a necessity, an occasional indulgence. If you're tracking your intake, make those bites of stuffing part of your daily calories. No harm, no foul.

I eat right 90% of the time. That's why when I do over indulge the other 10% of the time, I feel no guilt whatsoever. See how that works?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches