Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeons office has carbonated beverages on the never again list of things. However I am sure some folk have drank them. You probably need to check with your NUT to be sure if it is okay.

I'm my lap-band days, I heard of people shaking all the carbonation out before drinking. Ugh, I just thought how beer would be like that. Lol. I'm not sleeved yet, until 12/16, but hopefully this helps.

People do drink soda post op, but it's the carbonation you need to worry about more than the caffeine. I don't drink sodas. I gave them up 5 years ago.

I'm not a soda drinker, but I have an occasional ginger ale. The carbonation does not bother me, but I do burp louder than ever before. :)

I drink diet soda everyday and I have since about 2 months post-op. When you're newly done with surgery the carbonation isn't great for the wound, but the reason they tell you no soda is because they don't want you drinking your calories in the regular version. Diet soda will kill you for entirely different reasons, but they have nothing to do with your sleeve.

If you want something new, try Perrier or another sparkling Water with lemon or a Water flavoring squeezed into it. It's almost no calories, the carbonation won't hurt you after you're healed from surgery, and it's healthier for you than diet soda.

I drink Coke Zero daily. (Through a straw!!)

I have to pour it into a cup of ice to take out some of the carbonation, and I drink it much more slowly than I used to, but I do enjoy it.

That said, I didn't start drinking soda until my NP cleared me and I was just about at goal. It doesn't create any cravings for me and I never drink regular soda. It's not a slippery slope for me and the bubbles keep me full. For *ME*, it's a win.

Boy oh boy ... diet sodas do NOT work for me at all. And believe me, I've tried.

It's not the carbonation that bothers me (the bubbles dissipate if you let the soda go flat). However, it's the acidic content of the sodas that just kills my stomach.

Not gonna go there again. Last time it took my stomach a week to recover. Ugh.

Boy oh boy ... diet sodas do NOT work for me at all. And believe me, I've tried.

It's not the carbonation that bothers me (the bubbles dissipate if you let the soda go flat). However, it's the acidic content of the sodas that just kill my stomach.

Not gonna go there again. Last time it took my stomach a week to recover. Ugh.

Sadly, that's what wine does to me.

The previous posts by @@LipstickLady and me above demonstrate that there are parts of WLS life that you just have to figure out for yourself.

Others may try to tell you that you will experience exactly what they experienced. But it ain't necessarily so. :)

I started drinking soda about a year out. The carbonation bothered me before that. I have a Coke Zero almost every day at this point. I does take me a couple hours to drink it, though. Usually by the time I finish it, it's lost most of its carbonation.

But I have found I CANNOT do beer anymore. Just doesn't sit well. It makes me really sad because I used to love craft beer.

I drink carbonation. It really helps sooth my stomach. I don't do it everyday, probably more like three days a week. Go for it! In moderation of course.

Soda is a very slippery slop for me. Don't plan on drinking it even after reaching goal. I was one of those people who drank all my calories. It's been 6 months and doing great not having it at all. Really hope the the craving never comes back for me.

I had to give up my Diet Coke. I found a sub it's called avitae caffeine Water. You can get it online at Office Depot or in the market like Safeway. It's just water but does the trick!