Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is 6 days since my surgery. I've been home for 2 days after some complications in the hospital. Each day I feel a little better. But I still have some gas that I cannot get out. It travels into my ribs and backs and can be so painful. Sorry if that is TMI. If anyone has any pointers to getting rid of it I would be very appreciative.

I have also been taking my meds the doctor sent home. But one pill (Carafate) is pretty large and it HURTS going down. Then I get nauseous quickly after taking it. I'm going to call the doctor and see if they have it in liquid.

But like I said before each day is better than the last so I'll keep praying that I recover quickly.

Hon--the Carafate is supposed to be dissolved in water---No one TOLD you that? You make what is known as a "slurry" with it...Place it in like 2-3 Tablespoons of Water...it'll dissolve---THEN take it.

I started crushing all of my meds 1 weeek pre-surgery..to get used to the taste (I knew it would be bad...so I mix them all in a bite of pudding)

Regarding the post-op gas pains, walking-walking-walking gets rid of it...and I agree...it can be painful.

I hope it gets better for you...I'm a new post-op, as well..Just had my surgery Thursday, 11/19/15.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

[[[[[hugs ]]]]]

Hope you get to feeling better real soon. I'm 5 days post-op and suffering from constant nausea (even after taking meds to help).

I'm fresh out of surgery as well. November 19th, 2015. That was six days ago. I'm not hungry but I would love to eat something. That's the struggle for me. Just a grilled cheese sandwich! Arrrrggghhh I'm having serious regrets! Also I'm not in extreme pain....but this gas is killing me. Staples come out on Friday. (Next Friday) I'm ready for Soup. broth is making me nauseous!

Also sleeved on the 19th!!! I want to eat!!! I feel Water logged lol. I suffered with major nausea and vomittig so I was slow to start. I hit 49oz of Fluid today and 34g of Protein. I've only been able to tolerate 1 Protein shake, after the one i usually for sick for a good hour/two and then don't drink. I'm not going to lie I'm a RN and get all our post op sleeves and I'm struggling!! Lol it's a bit disappointing. I've defiantly cried a bunch!

Walk walk walk walk to get rid of gas pain! Also I hear gas x helps :)

I am nine days postop and up to 5 days post op, gas was biggest enemey. Ok so hear comes the gross talk and I am gonna be real. Pain meds and all the other drugs can make some people constipated and trap gas. Walking can help with both. My Doc also wanted me to take a dose of milk of magnesia. Heating pad on my back also helped w pain.

Hello

I'm 3 weeks out today. My doctor gave me suppositories

for pain relief which meant I did not have to have anything pass my new tiny stomach. Still have some bruising which hurts a little but apart from that fine . Be kind to your new stomach and remember most of the need to eat is just head hunger. As your new tummy is not ready for food yet. I think we should all be kind to ourself we v all had major surgery it takes time to get over . Best of luck all xxx