Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling great after 9/28 surgery

Had my surgery 9/28/15. Had to do a 6 month monitored weight loss mandated by my insurance. Although I only lost 15 lbs during the 6 months I was actually really glad I had to do it because it gave me an opportunity to change some habits and it only made me even more convinced I was doing the right thing. I had absolutely no pre-op jitters. Surgery went great, they did have to do a hernia repair also, and I was in the hospital one night. I do have to admit that the first few days I was home I did think "what the heck did I do". I didn't have any pain, luckily, but trying to get the liquids down made me want to puke. After day 3 though each day became easier. I was able to start increasing my intake without feeling like I was going to puke. One week post-op I went back to work and I am down about 10 lbs. Still struggle a little bit to get in all the Protein and Water but every day I try to do a little more. Can't wait to get to pureed stage though because Protein Shakes and Soup are getting very old and aren't keeping me satisfied for very long.

Best decision I ever made so if there are any of you out there doubting or discouraged, chin up because this is a marathon not a race and your life will be better on the other side.

Hello @@bls01 i am post-op from 9/29. I went back to work today too. Today was great at work, did better than i thought. I came home on a pureed diet. NUT says anything you can cut with a plastic fork, you can have. Off the list of course. But why did i eat a few Peanut Butter chocolate chxips with my lil one tonight??? And then had a bite of her chocolate lucky charms. WTH is wrong with me. I think i was curious to see how my pouch would handle it. But, tomorrow is a NEW day. Best of luck to ya!

Hello @@bls01 i am post-op from 9/29. I went back to work today too. Today was great at work, did better than i thought. I came home on a pureed diet. NUT says anything you can cut with a plastic fork, you can have. Off the list of course. But why did i eat a few Peanut Butter chocolate chxips with my lil one tonight??? And then had a bite of her chocolate lucky charms. WTH is wrong with me. I think i was curious to see how my pouch would handle it. But, tomorrow is a NEW day. Best of luck to ya!

Please be careful eating things you shouldn't. Part of the post op process is so your stomach can heal. You do not want a leak or any other complications. That could be very serious.

Congratulations on your surgery!

I had my gastric sleeve surgery Fri Sept 25 with a hernia repair as well. Came home Sun Sept 27 and can't seem to drink the fluids and eat the Protein recommended. I had my 1st post op appt Sept 30and was placed on a pureed diet. I can't stand it. I already went back to work but am not feeling up to par, probably because I can't eat. I dont know what to do and don't want to tell my doctor that I am only drinking about 32 ozs of Water a day and eating only about 25-30 grams protein a day. Any suggestions???

That is about what i have been getting in as well but just try to do a little better every day. Although I do a little better on the Protein because I get in at least one Premier Protein shake in a day. You should not be afraid to tell your dr. about your struggles. They should be supportive and give you ideas to help you through this phase. Good luck :)

I had my gastric sleeve surgery Fri Sept 25 with a hernia repair as well. Came home Sun Sept 27 and can't seem to drink the fluids and eat the Protein recommended. I had my 1st post op appt Sept 30and was placed on a pureed diet. I can't stand it. I already went back to work but am not feeling up to par, probably because I can't eat. I dont know what to do and don't want to tell my doctor that I am only drinking about 32 ozs of Water a day and eating only about 25-30 grams protein a day. Any suggestions???

I had my surgery on September 14, and I too have found myself having a bite here and there...I get so mad at myself...why go through all of this to cheat?!?! But you are right. Tomorrow is another day and my new tummy Will let me know if it doesn't like something. As the days go by, it is getting easier to stay on track. I just can't wait for normal foods...