Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All liquid diet pre-op...

I'm with you!!! Day 1 for me I just feel yucky

I haven't had to start mine yet. I'm planning to use alot of the Protein stuff I will use after surgery. My surgeon didn't say I couldn't. Are y'all suffering these hunger effect even with eating Protein supplements?

Thanks for any feedback. Just trying to figure out if I'm deluding myself.

Once you make it through the first 3 days, it does get easier. Keep your eye on the prize (your surgery date). It will be here before you know it.

Yes - the headache goes away after a few days. Drink lots of Water. I hate having to pee every hour but it does help with the hunger. Figure out what Protein drinks fill you up the most and make them a regular part of your diet. Go to bed early. I hold off on my Breakfast shake till 9:00 am or later (I am less hungry in the am.) Get through one day, then the next. Pretty soon (maybe day 6 or 7) you'll realize your hunger is no longer severe, just normal hunger that is easy to ignore.

And here is my own personal motivation - I believe that how you do on the liquid diet is a reflection of how you will do after surgery. Thus if you are cheating regularly during this 2 weeks - you will likely cheat after surgery when you are allowed to eat solid foods again and have a better chance of gaining weight back.

So yes it is hard, but find your distraction, challenge yourself to be good and before you know it, you won't feel as hungry and your surgery date will be near (I'm on day 13 of 15). surgery is 9/1.

I found having Soup helped a lot. Like tomatoes soup. Just nothing with chunks. I did cream of potatoes today and blended it up so there was any chunks. Very satisfying!

I've been on a tester "pre-op" diet. I went 3 full days of no solid food. And 4 additional days of adding SF Jello and smooth Soups.

I found keeping busy, I work retail, has helped fend off hunger. I have 3 Protein shakes a day and an additional 64-86 oz of Water. I never felt hunger, and actually when I had sugar or carbs after I stopped I realized how CRAPPY I felt after eating it! I wanted to make sure I could handle the drastic change in my diet... And I found I could!

Also pretty sure I dropped a few pounds! So that's a plus!