Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Workplace drama...REALLY?!

Oh how could I be stupid! Of course I look great! I just lost 92 lbs! I want to punch the next person who tells me I look great to my face and talks about me behind my back! News flash people! My weight loss is not about you or how you feel about me! Honestly I don't really care what you think! I have been pleasing people since 1977 and I am done. I work hard, it hasn't been easy, but I'm reaping the benefits! I will no longer participate in donut day or birthday celebrations in case you didn't get the memo. It's not because I am better, it's because I am changing who I am instead of the gross person you must of thought I was before. Because I have to spend 8 hours with you 5 days a week does not entitle you to be mean! If you don't like it go kick rocks for all I care! I'm not your punching bag, but feel free to be mine! I forgot I came to work with a bunch of junior high kids! Venting over!!

O wow! Sorry your going thru that. Im not sure what I'm gonna do at my job after my surgery, I'm not telling anyone there. I have a really short fuse when it comes to my personal life so after I lose weight I hope and pray I dont have the same problem. Its terrible people can't just be happy for anyother person. Welp all I can say is try to take it as a compliment right now. They are obviously your biggest fan if they cant seem to keep your name out of there mouth. Be strong and enjoy your new body you deserve it!!

Love your rant! Gown adults can so act like children. Everyone at my work knows about my surgery and have all been very supportive. I work in the medical field. Most of the back office are constantly dieting anyway. The practice admin suggested a healthy potluck day and everyone signed up. What did she write down? Mac and cheese!

Walk proudly and enjoy your accomplishment. If they are talking about you then they are just jealous and probably threatened by your new confidence. Strut your stuff girl!!

Stuff like that happens when you're awesome. Just sayin '. Congrats on your weight loss, and no , I won't go talk behind your back now. I'll tell it to your face . This weight loss has been an incredible journey, and like any journey, you're bound to hit some speed bumps. It's not a smooth ride all the way. Consider some of the people in your workplace are "speed bumps", so you just drive right over them , and enjoy that satisfing "thump!" as you roooooollllllll over them, because they are beneath you, literally and figuratively. Speedbumps honey, that's all they are. Just speedbumps. Have a good day !!!

Thank you ladies!! Yes just had to get it off my chest because I almost went home crying yesterday and it has been eating at me since I overheard two of my coworkers gabbing about my weight loss and wondering where I got the money for it. Well since they must know, I have amazing insurance from my most wonderful hubby who works for a great company. Yes, I'm very proud of myself! (Crazy witches!!) I work for a very small company. Everyone knows and everyone sees. There is very little you can hide there. I work hard all day. I never lack work on my desk. I don't socialize because honestly I don't have time. The women who do the same thing I do are always busy bodying in someone else's business. Not me, not who I am. It just struck the wrong chord yesterday. It's time for a new job, I was just wanting to lose a little more before I started looking. Oh and just for the record it started out because of the 5 million entries I make on a daily basis, one number was incorrect. I'm sure not positive how it became so difficult to bring it to my attention so I could fix it!!

I am soooooo glad I am retired. Even at the age of 62, I was still dealing with "mean grls" at work. It sounds like yuo are a dedicated hard worker who will do just fine working someplace else. Just consider that every little thing you do (even tasks you don't like) can be considered as resume bait. Plus, by venting here instead of cutting loose at work, shows that you can add "diplomatic" to resume. You hang in there. They don't deserve you. It will all work out in the end.

I can totally relate to what you've experienced at work. I teach in a high school and the teachers/staff have made me feel as though I were reliving my days as a student. After speaking with a trusted confidant, I was able to conclude that jealousy could be the biggest part of their behavior. It's funny how no one was ever bold enough to tell me (to my face) how large I was preop but so many of them think it's okay to now tell me that I should stop losing. You're right, it's not about anyone but you. Tell yourself that often and believe it.

So I'm assuming they know you had WLS?

When you tell people, expect the backlash of pettiness and snide comments. Comes with the territory. That's why many choose to keep it on the down low.

Me? I pretty much tell everyone. The difference is I don't give a flying fuck what anybody thinks about it. My life, my choice.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't understand why women have to be like that. I look at it this way...they are obviously jealous of your success so they need to try and belittle you to make themselves feel better. Drives me nuts and no matter where you go, there will always be someone that will be like that. I am so sorry. Sometimes, we need a change to a different environment and new people. Congrats on your loss! Just ignore those unhappy beyaches!!! ;)

Thank you ladies!! Yes just had to get it off my chest because I almost went home crying yesterday and it has been eating at me since I overheard two of my coworkers gabbing about my weight loss and wondering where I got the money for it. Well since they must know, I have amazing insurance from my most wonderful hubby who works for a great company. Yes, I'm very proud of myself! (Crazy witches!!) I work for a very small company.

So when you marched up to them and said, "I heard you talking about me. If you have questions, it would be better if you asked me yourself instead of gossiping about me. If you must know, my husband has great insurance and it didn't cost me very much," what was their reaction?

I deal with them daily, they know. I don't hide anything. They think I paid thousands and thousands out of pocket. I maybe total paid a thousand for my surgery with co-pays, shakes, parking and time off work. I have just decided that they are ignorant women who need to grow up! If they feel threatened by my weight loss then it is their loss. they obviously need better entertainment. I have enough on my plate and if they are that concerned about me then maybe they need to be. Honestly, I'm not too terribly concerned about them. I did my surgery for me not them.

i deal with this crap at work too. they are constantly bringing Bagels and donuts to works or having cake and Cookies and when i don't come running i hear things like "oh it's because she won't eat that now" "she doesn't want to hang out with us anymore" Why not bring some high Protein Snacks and then give me a call? The last time they had a birthday party i went and took my Protein Shake and didn't have cake and you'd have thought i killed a baby. It was seriously a sad day for them - i don't know why they want me to eat that crap so bad but they do. Crazy people. I try to stay in my office as much as possible and not have too much contact with too many people on a daily basis. LOL it works for me! :)