Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved 9/2/15. Need buddy

Looking for someone who can relate to a 67 yo grandma in Chicagoland area. Band to sleeve with hernia surgery in one fell swoop and feeling a little apprehensive.

I had my sleeve on August 3rd. Can not wait to start on food getting tired of the liquids. My surgery went really well and so glad I had it done. I hope all goes well for you.

I am 62 and also a grandmother of 4.

Whew...I Feel like I'm the oldest person to ever get a sleeve! Had a lapband for 7 years that's caused all sorts of problems and am finally getting rid of it and going to the sleeve. have you truly lost 56 pounds in one month? That's amazing! What product are you using for your after-surgery Protein Drink and is it even somewhat tasty? I'd love to hear more about your whole experience with your surgery.

How did you tell your children about your sleeve? I'm hesitant to tell my two. I don't know why, but I am.

Whew...I Feel like I'm the oldest person to ever get a sleeve! Had a lapband for 7 years that's caused all sorts of problems and am finally getting rid of it and going to the sleeve. have you truly lost 56 pounds in one month? That's amazing! What product are you using for your after-surgery Protein drink and is it even somewhat tasty? I'd love to hear more about your whole experience with your surgery.

Whew...I Feel like I'm the oldest person to ever get a sleeve! Had a lapband for 7 years that's caused all sorts of problems and am finally getting rid of it and going to the sleeve. have you truly lost 56 pounds in one month? That's amazing! What product are you using for your after-surgery Protein Drink and is it even somewhat tasty? I'd love to hear more about your whole experience with your surgery.

I started my weigh loss process in March. My insurance required me to be on a weight loss program for 6 months before they would approve and pay for my surgery. After surgery I was using a Protein product that I got from the doctors office. I have found that you can not buy on line or in the stores. They gave me Injury in the hospital and I like that much better than what I got at the doctor office. As for telling my children that was easy. I just made sure I had done all my research so I could answers there questions. They have been very supportive. I chose not to tell anyone else about what I was doing as I did not want a lot of negative comments. I had my surgery two week ago today and I am doing really well. I was on pain medicine, nausea Medicine for only two day after surgery. I do get a little tired if I do to much.

I started my weigh loss process in March. My insurance required me to be on a weight loss program for 6 months before they would approve and pay for my surgery. After surgery I was using a Protein product that I got from the doctors office. I have found that you can not buy on line or in the stores. They gave me Injury in the hospital and I like that much better than what I got at the doctor office. As for telling my children that was easy. I just made sure I had done all my research so I could answers there questions. They have been very supportive. I chose not to tell anyone else about what I was doing as I did not want a lot of negative comments. I had my surgery two week ago today and I am doing really well. I was on pain medicine, nausea Medicine for only two day after surgery. I do get a little tired if I do to much.

I go to the doctor tomorrow and I am hoping that I will be able to start some soft foods. I am very tired of all the Protein drinks.

I'm expecting to be quite tired at first because of the hernia repair along with band removal and sleeve. I'm tho king that will be my time just for me! Told my family last night. They all seemed to be encouraging except for my sister who was dubious about the success of a new surgery.

Also my doc changed my date from the 2nd to the 3rd. Ova deal with that. Things seem to be fling into place for me. Meet with the dietician on Wednesday. Start liquids onthursday.

I hope you'll be chipper soon.

Oh, also, did you have to be on a blood thinner, I think it's Lovenox?), for a few days after going home?

Oh, also, did you have to be on a blood thinner, I think it's Lovenox?), for a few days after going home?

I have not checked in awhile. Been very busy. Had a family reunion at my house and then packed up my grand daughter and took her to college. Yes I ordered unjury on line at unjury.com. I like the chocolate. I was not on any blood thinners after surgery. So far everything is going smoothly. I get to add more food on Tuesday. Fish/Chicken/Cheese. I am ready as I am getting bored with what I am having now. I have got back in to exercising and that feels good. I hope all goes well for you.

My granddaughter just started college this last week also!

I'm getting excited, surgery date is only 4 days from now. I ordered and got the Unjury. It's so much better than the New Direction my doc wanted me to use. liquid diet afterward shouldn't be too difficult, but monotonous. I did it with the band, I can do it with the sleeve.

Have you gone the the hair falling out stage? I just found out about that recently :( but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Also, are you finding you have less appetite than before surgery? Does that really happen? Doc removed all saline from my lap and last Monday so I have a (sort of) whole stomach again, and I find I'm still hungry after having my calories for the day. Grrrr! I'm sticking to the diet but I'm envious at what my hubby can eat now.

Guess that's it for me for now. Hope all is well at your end!

My granddaughter just started college this last week also!

I'm getting excited, surgery date is only 4 days from now. I ordered and got the unjury. It's so much better than the New Direction my doc wanted me to use. liquid diet afterward shouldn't be too difficult, but monotonous. I did it with the band, I can do it with the sleeve.

Have you gone the the hair falling out stage? I just found out about that recently :( but I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Also, are you finding you have less appetite than before surgery? Does that really happen? Doc removed all saline from my lap and last Monday so I have a (sort of) whole stomach again, and I find I'm still hungry after having my calories for the day. Grrrr! I'm sticking to the diet but I'm envious at what my hubby can eat now.

Guess that's it for me for now. Hope all is well at your end!

I have had no Hair loss yet. They say not everyone will loose hair. I hope I am not one of them. I had hungry issues before my surgery but none since. I am starting to get all of my Protein down and have started adding some other foods. I was just able to start on fish, chicken so that is a nice change. I have been out looking for smaller clothes. Checking out goodwill and other thrift stores as I know I will not stay in this size long enough to buy all new.

I hope all goes well with your surgery this week.