Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling discouraged depressed

I was banded two years ago and I was doing so well feeling good looking good losing weight last year I. got injured and I had to wear a boot on my foot for five months drove me crazy however having a boot on I wasn't able to be as active as I would like to be and I felt my body gaining weight I was eating the same things I normally did except on some occasions but by the time I took the boot off wen't on the scale I've gained back all the weight I've lost I haven't gained anymore it's just been staying at the same number for the last three months I'm back to working out I did get a fill when I had the boot on but now I think I need an unfilled I feel way too tight some days. I can't even eat yogurt and I've been thrown my food up a lot Ive ever tried diet pills which defeats the purpose of you having surgery but just don't know what to do

@@deeberry I'm sorry your having a rough time of it. The first thing I would do is make an appointment with the Dr. If your too tight that is defeating the purpose. The more irritated your belly gets from throwing up the more inflamed it makes the stoma around the band and the tighter the opening of the stoma can be making it more and more uncomfortable.

In the meantime go back to liquids to give the stoma a rest and maybe ease some of the swelling as well as to reboost your weight loss. When I get into that spiral that is what I do. I take it back to basics. If I am swollen and it can happen sometimes just from certain foods I eat if they are too spicy or if I am sensitive to them, or even medications that I take. It can even happen as a result of a cold or allergies where I have excess (nasty) stuff in my throat and my band is tighter. I give it a rest and just revert to a shake now and then and once I feel that it is relaxed and not irritated I will resume eating solid foods.

If you think you don't need to be unfilled and just need a rest, then try doing liquids for a few days. If your still having trouble with the yogurt after a couple of days of liquids then you need a small unfill.

I know it can be devastating when your not able to move around like you did before. I broke my foot a few years ago and I had to be totally off of it and I was in cast and then a boot for nearly 4 months. The plus part of that was while I was on crutches I was getting so much exercise having to lift and haul my body weight around I actually LOST weight, but that was long before WLS.

As you can get to moving around more start to incorporate that into your daily activities even if it's just a few extra steps or a couple of parking spots from your usual spot etc. every step counts!!

Let us know how your doing...and don't give up hope!!! We can reset our minds and our bodies any time we choose to, and make a fresh start. So let this be your new start...and here we go!!!

Thanks for the encouragement yes I made an appointment Monday to get a small unfill and talk to my doc about my weight loss

@@deeberry way to go making the call -- being too tight is no good, that's for sure. Here's to getting that boot off and starting a new chapter right at the height of summertime.