Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In April I had to buy a new summer wardrobe, but I'm not complaining. I have 10 lbs. to lose to reach goal. I am wanting a Tummy Tuck this winter and I have questions. Does a tummy tuck help reduce the waist area? How much weight did you lose due to having the tummy tuck? Did you go down a pant size? How many days was the pain miserable? How far after the surgery did the swelling go down and you could see results? How far out until you saw final results? I weigh 145 and I plan on being at least 135 when I get it. Thanks

Haven't had it yet cos I have a long way to go but I would imagine it depends on how much they are removing. For me, I will have a true apron to remove when it is time. Good luck!

Does a Tummy Tuck help reduce the waist area? Yes, at least it did for me. I no longer had to account for my stomach pooch, so the tummy tuck knocked a few inches and then my posterior body lift got rid of the rest.

How much weight did you lose due to having the tummy tuck? I went into surgery at 153 and at my next plastics procedure which was 3 months later I was 148. I also ate really healthily after surgery and walked a lot, so if I had to guess, maybe my TT got rid of 2-3 pounds. I also had a breast lift and augment and Lipo in a few areas during the same surgery so it's hard to tell.

Did you go down a pant size? Sort of. I was wearing an 8-10 in jeans before that surgery, then I was a 6-8 after my second surgery, and now I'm a 0-2 after my third surgery. I'd say the posterior body lift made the biggest difference in pants sizes cuz my big butt wasn't in the way anymore, but the TT allows me to wear clothing that I couldn't before because no my stomach is flat.

How many days was the pain miserable? 0. I did not have any truly miserable pain during my TT and boob job surgery. I took drugs for 3 days post-op then needed nothing after that.

How far after the surgery did the swelling go down and you could see results? I looked like a stuffed sausage for a solid month, but around 6-8 weeks I could really see the results and most of the swelling had gone down.

How far out until you saw final results? I am now 10 months post-op and I would say my final TT results were probably visible around 3 months. I think at that point most of the swelling was gone and I felt fully healed.

I weigh 145 and I plan on being at least 135 when I get it. I was 153 after my first surgery and I am now 126...I notice no difference that resulted from losing an extra 27 pounds. If you are within 15% of your goal, you're safe to have the procedure and not experience any adverse aesthetic results.

I was in quite a bit of pain for about 3 weeks. But I have issues with pain medicine so that could have been a contributor. I was swollen for a few months. My surgeon told me how many pounds she took off my stomach (I think it was 3) but with all the swelling, I didn't lose 3 lbs on the scale. The end result is pretty impressive though.

I thought the first 10 days after my TT were difficult. I thank the person who invented the pain reliever!!

I'm very pleased with the results though. Took me over 8 years post op to do it. Researched a lot, put money away.... Got a support team to help..Finally!

Best wishes to those wishing to sculpt their body after WLS ????

You all rock with your answers! I know to wait about three months after to buy new clothes or wear a bikini, love you guys

Tummy Tuck surgery is a cosmetic surgical procedure that can help you to decrease the size of your belly. Tummy tuck helps to remove extra fat and skin from the abdominal area of the body and the treatment has almost no side effects. You should contact to your cosmetic surgeon for more details..

Tummy Tuck surgery is a cosmetic surgical procedure that can help you to decrease the size of your belly. Tummy tuck helps to remove extra fat and skin from the abdominal area of the body and the treatment has almost no side effects. You should contact to your cosmetic surgeon for more details..

Tummy tuck doesn't necessarily remove any fat, mine didn't, just skin. it also stitches together separated abdominal muscles.

In April I had to buy a new summer wardrobe, but I'm not complaining. I have 10 lbs. to lose to reach goal. I am wanting a Tummy Tuck this winter and I have questions. Does a tummy tuck help reduce the waist area? How much weight did you lose due to having the tummy tuck? Did you go down a pant size? How many days was the pain miserable? How far after the surgery did the swelling go down and you could see results? How far out until you saw final results? I weigh 145 and I plan on being at least 135 when I get it. Thanks

1. Does a tummy tuck help reduce the waist area? Yes. Mine did. 29" waist to 26" waist. In addition to doing muscle repair and pulling it all together and sewing it up tightly he did a little Lipo on the sides, giving me a nice hour glass shape that I never imagined I would have.

2. How much weight did you lose due to having the tummy tuck? I was 130 when I had the surgery and after was 123, but mostly because I wasn't eating (felt awful). At my 1 month follow up I asked my surgeon how much the excess skin weighed and he said 4 pounds, but the area of skin that was removed was quite large.

3. Did you go down a pant size? I would say yes for the most part. All of my size 4 jeans are saggy on me now, so yes, I've had to go to size 2's now.

4. How many days was the pain miserable? This is a biggie. He had to do more muscle repair than he anticipated, so I was in quite a bit of pain for a while. It took me 2 days to even take the catheter out to be able to get out of bed to pee myself. I "slept" if you want to call it that on a recliner for the first 4 weeks until the drainage tubes were out. The drainage tubes....oh the drainage tubes.... by FAR the worst part. They were so uncomfortable, towards the end down right painful. And having them removed is no walk in the park either. They just kind of yank them out and there is a LOT of tube in there. I've never really had incision pain because it's still really numb there - same with my newly created belly button, which I adore. I still have ab muscle pain, and he said that can last for up to 6 months. It is very bearable though and I've even started back to half marathon training. No ab work yet. I can't even imagine that. I still need help sitting straight up from bed (I'm 3 months post op).

5. How far after the surgery did the swelling go down and you could see results? How far out until you saw final results? I never really had any swelling because I kept that ab binder on nice and tight all the time (other than showering). I was able to shower right away, so I saw the ressults immediately I guess. I didn't take a full look at myself in the mirror without clothes until the drainage tubes were out and I cried tears of happiness because the results were more than I could ever have asked for. I would recommend once you get the surgical tape off the scar to use Scar Away Sillicone Scar Sheets for at least the first 6 months. They are working wonders for my scars. Let me see if I can find my new belly button and before/after pictures to post.

Even though it was more painful than I imagined, the surgery itself was more intense than I expected (it took 7 hours!!), and the recovery took longer than I thought I would do it again in a heartbeat for sure.

Here are some pictures

post-182723-0-77613800-1438116718_thumb.jpg

post-182723-0-69652900-1438116719_thumb.jpg

post-182723-0-49939400-1438116720_thumb.jpg

post-182723-0-11079300-1438116740_thumb.jpg

Great results! It is such a luxury and gift to be able to sculpt the body.

Yours looks like you wanted I hope.

A bit of pain.... But nice on the other side of surgery.

I never really lost any weight. I was swollen for months, but I did drop from a size 10 to an 8. I had the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I underestimated how it would be. It's a big surgery and not easy. I'm 11 months post op, and once in a while, I notice my muscles are still sore. I also am very numb. I also have a really great navel, and I love it even if I can't feel it! I'd do it again in a heart beat. Well worth all the pain, in my mind.

@@fitdrea30 I had it done at Beaumont Royal Oak by Ellen Janetzke. Her office is in Birmingham.

I think it depends on how much has to be done. My surgeon took off 10 lbs of skin with my lower body lift and abdominalplasy, and I have gone down 2 pants sizes. And curiously, one band size in my bra.