Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prescribed Diet: To Stick With Or Not To Stick With?

Hey, I'm knocking on the door of three weeks out (Monday). According to my program my diet is as follows: yogurt, string cheese, refried Beans, eggs, puréed chicken/turkey, turkey sausage, soy burgers, AND the trusty ol Protein shakes.

So here's the problem... All of the above minus the eggs, yogurt, and cheese is way to heavy for me to eat, and is very painful. However, I'm sooooo tired of eggs, yogurt, and string cheese. I've also been having a lot of trouble getting in my Proteins because I'm tired of the Protein Shakes (I was on them for 6 weeks prior to the surgery). I've done Premier, nectar, Isopure...ect.

So recently I got some of the ProtiDiet (chicken Soup & Grape), which are better...but aren't on my "program".

But I've read other post and see that other programs allow different mushies, such as SF pudding, Cream of Wheat ect. Now, these aren't on my sleeve program, but I'm staying nauseated and dizzy, and I think it's because I'm not eating enough? I don't know what to do...? Rock & a hard place... Any advice?

I would call your surgeon. They may have some suggestions on how to make the other foods on your plan less heavy.

I am totally with you. I can barely eat anything prescribed on my diet and getting frustrated and worried this will never change.

I am totally with you. I can barely eat anything prescribed on my diet and getting frustrated and worried this will never change.

So glad I'm not the only one!!! It's gotten to the point where eggs make me nauseated. So it's a cruddy edition to just being sick of something. ????

Can you have any vegetables yet? Tonight we had a delicious supper with mashed cooked cauliflower, cooked ground turkey, cheese, and cooked bacon pieces in a light sauce. I am 7 weeks out and can't have any dairy yet so yogurt is out.

Can you have any vegetables yet? Tonight we had a delicious supper with mashed cooked cauliflower, cooked ground turkey, cheese, and cooked bacon pieces in a light sauce. I am 7 weeks out and can't have any dairy yet so yogurt is out.

No... I wished (I think! Lol). Not until 6 weeks, then it's puréed only.

I'm around the same time as you. Can you have oatmeal? How about homemade light chili? Hang in there. This is only a week for us for this phase :)

I wish I could have chicken/turkey, turkey sausage and bacon right now! I feel your pain with Protein Shakes. Although they are tastier than they have ever been, and they used to be pretty bad, I can't get over the chalky grit that sticks to the inside of your mouth for a long time after drinking them!! I'm still in full liquid phase, although I did make some great homemade cream of potato Soup that was very delicious. It's helped me get through the last couple days and I'm not sure how I would have made it without it. pudding is starting to annoy me, even after adding in Protein Powder in it to spice it up. Dr. appointment on Tuesday next week and hope he says move on to pureed food so I can get some different variety!

I'm around the same time as you. Can you have oatmeal? How about homemade light chili? Hang in there. This is only a week for us for this phase :)

Haven't tried it... Does it go down OK?

Yes but be prepared to get full fast! I'm eating watermelon even though I know it has no Protein and is high in carbs. But I'm ok with that for now as I readjust to higher protein content foods.

What is the potato Soup recipe?? Would you share? Sounds yummy!!! Full liquids is getting old! ???? @disruption

Edited by MandiArinder

What is the potato Soup recipe?? Would you share? Sounds yummy!!! Full liquids is getting old! @disruption

I'm so sorry that I missed this post!

You'll need:

2-3 big potatoes (any except for red)

Italian seasoning

garlic seasoning

skim milk for thinning it down

Skin and boil the potatoes as if you're making mashed potatoes. Basically you are going to make mashed potatoes except you are not adding better to make them more creamy. Once you have mashed the potatoes, the best thing to use is an emulsifier to blend it down really finely while adding in the milk and seasoning. You can add whatever seasoning makes you happy during this part. The consistency of the potatoes should be like soup. You might need to add some salt, but not too much!

I added a piece of skim milk cheese to my serving to up the flavor a bit. It only added about 50 calories. This was a great break away from the puddings and Protein shakes I was eating all day. This also gives you a little carbs if you're not getting enough in the day. Be careful not to eat this too many times during the day because it is quite a bit of carbs. 1 oz is about 15 carbs and 80 calories or so.

Hope you enjoy!

What is the potato Soup recipe?? Would you share? Sounds yummy!!! Full liquids is getting old! @disruption

I'm so sorry that I missed this post!

You'll need:

2-3 big potatoes (any except for red)

Italian seasoning

garlic seasoning

skim milk for thinning it down

Skin and boil the potatoes as if you're making mashed potatoes. Basically you are going to make mashed potatoes except you are not adding better to make them more creamy. Once you have mashed the potatoes, the best thing to use is an emulsifier to blend it down really finely while adding in the milk and seasoning. You can add whatever seasoning makes you happy during this part. The consistency of the potatoes should be like soup. You might need to add some salt, but not too much!

I added a piece of skim milk cheese to my serving to up the flavor a bit. It only added about 50 calories. This was a great break away from the puddings and Protein shakes I was eating all day. This also gives you a little carbs if you're not getting enough in the day. Be careful not to eat this too many times during the day because it is quite a bit of carbs. 1 oz is about 15 carbs and 80 calories or so.

Hope you enjoy!

Yum sounds amazing...sometimes you need something with a little tenacity! I'm one week out;sleeved on June 8

Yeah, it saved my life from eating pudding. Man I was so tired of eating pudding that I don't think I will eat it for a long time. I just transitioned to soft diet now and it's glorious! I tried some mock lasagna today that someone posted, which can be used during pureed stage also, and it was awesome!