Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Month Surgiversary Today....so much to celebrate! :)

Well I cannot believe it has been 6 months since my surgery. So much has changed. :D :)

First I just want to say I was hoping to reach a 100lbs lost by this date but I did not. I am oh so close and still I find myself happy with what I have accomplished. I want to share all that has changed for me in the past 6 months.

- I am down 91lbs, and have lost a total of 60 inches from my arms, legs, bust waist, buttocks, thighs and calfs!! I have gone from a 30/32 top to a 18/20 or XL sometimes, bottoms were a very tight 28 to a an 18. Those are just my stats here are some NSV's that I am so proud of.......

1.) I am an ACTIVE participant in my life once again, this was the main reason I had this surgery!!

2.) I have more energy than ever, and just can't seem to sleep forever anymore

3.) I can run for short periods on the treadmill, still working on this one

4.) I fit in any and all booths that I have sat in anywhere I go now.....no more fear that I won't fit

5.) I have choices in clothing, choices, choices and more choices!!!

6.) I can wear my necklaces

7.) I can ride my bike

8.) My daughter can get her arms all the way around me for a hug

9.) I feel even more confident than I did before

10.) I can bend, cross my legs, get up off the floor, etc.

11.) When going thru a crowded store or venue and I am following my 16yr old daughter I know can pretty much fit thru spaces she can without trouble, where before I would always have to go around another way. lol

12.) I can buy shoes, all different kinds of shoes and wear them without my feet hurting. I love my converse but they have no support, but I can wear them now, Love it!

13.) I can fit in the airplane seats

14.) I logged between 18,000-22,000 steps daily on vacation to Disneyland in March..... CRAZY!!!!

15.) I have inspired my mom and she is doing great with her weight loss

16.) I have gone from a 30/32 top to a 18/20 or XL sometimes, bottoms were a very tight 28 to a an 18

17.) I can shave and lotion so much easier now

18.) Someone wanted to know if my daughter was my sister or my daughter, I will take that as I look younger now :P

19.) I love seeing muscles where before I couldn't

20.) I still don't love the gym, but it is part of my life now and I do feel better after I go

21.) I don't find out till tomorrow at my check up but I am pretty sure all my numbers will be better

22.) I can feel and SEE my clavicles, not sure why but I love this

23.) I do not hide or shy away from pictures

24.) I love that my skin has improved too

25.) I CANNOT wait to see what the next 6 months bring me!!

I know that I am at a weight where people will begin their journey, but coming from my highest recorded weight of 324 and my starting weight of 314, I am amazed at the changes and what this body can do. It's hard to imagine what it will be able to do once I get to 175 or maybe even lower. :D

I'm sorry this is so long, but I wanted to put down everything so I can print it out and add it to my book, so I can look back at it in another 6 months. I also know from my past experience that posts like this really helped me in the beginning and before my surgery.

Me and my hubby are going to Celebrate today with a bike ride. It's a beautiful day here in Tucson and we are going to enjoy it! I have a pair of beautiful Clark wedges just sitting here waiting for me to hit my 100lb loss and then I can wear them!! My daughter is holding them hostage till I do. LOL

Tomorrow I have my 6 month check in with my surgeon and I cannot wait to see how all my blood work came back. We will also be discussing getting my ventral hernia (it's on my lower right side of abdomen) removed. Herman has to go. He is protruding now and causing me some pain.

Thanks to all who made it this far in reading this long a@@ post, Thanks to all of you who have helped me out along the way wether you realize it or not. This website has been so helpful I can't explain it. You never know when your words might inspire or help so everyone keep posting, keep asking questions, and keep keeping on!!!

Here's to the next 6 months of this beautiful life of mine, it's not always easy, it's not always fun, but it's MINE and I am loving every minute of it. :)

I have attached a pic my docs office took me before surgery, the one in the mirror was taken just the other day (I was showing my daughter I was wearing the new shirt I bought) and then a side by side of my face from the day of surgery to a pic from our March vacation. I am sorry if they are sideways, I don't know why they do that. :wacko:

post-205996-0-55420800-1430150499_thumb.jpg

post-205996-0-34871900-1430150715_thumb.jpg

post-205996-0-72756500-1430150764_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on both your journey and YOU, girl. Look at you. Beautiful ♡. Keep up that positive attitude. Your an inspiration. Good luck tomorrow.

celebrate today with a bike ride.

@@CheleLynn45

your above statement says so much

you "probably"/might have celebrated with food in the past :angry:

a bicycle ride?? :o

are you kidding me? :huh:

look at you now :rolleyes:

25 happy comments (NSV's)

get a new sheet of paper to write the next 25+++ :)

another NSV for you

keeping great records of weight/measurements/accomplishments

91 lbs down!!! :)

your glow is shining through my monitor

(just put my sunglasses on!! B) )

past 6 months have been amazing, it can/will only get better :)

keep up the good work

for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

kathy

congrats

Great job! And I'm so excited because we have very similar stats!

I am so happy for you. I am just beginning my journey (I have been to a seminar, and my first class is next week) and have a similar start weight as you. It was really inspiring to read your post! I'll have to come re-read it when I let those little doubts and fears about surgery creep into my mind as it does sometimes. I hope that sometime this coming year I can write such a happy post as you have done. Thanks! :)

What you have achieved is a shared dream of us all. Thanks for being our collective voice. You are beautiful!

What an inspiring post! Congrats on all of your successes.