Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overnight bag? What did you pack?

Hello all!

Enjoying this beautiful afternoon and thinking about what to pack for the hospital. It s/b just one night's stay so I figure I will wear comfy bike shorts and shirt there and the same home. So I figure a change of underwear and a sweatshirt in case I am not up to wearing a bra (sorry fellows!)

I'll have my cell phone/charger and was thinking of crossword puzzles, a kindle, hand cream, chapstick, deodorant, toothbrush/paste. What am I not thinking of?

That is pretty much the basics. I packed way too much stuff and just mostly laid there and watched TV or slept. Wear the loosest clothes you have, because your belly will be tender.

Loose clothes and a good Chapstick. I took my iPod with music but I mostly rested in silence.

what to pack for the hospital.

@@MissLiss

wore sweat pants to and leaving hospital

i wore the ugly nightgown supplied :huh:

robe

undies

slippers

a beautiful/low cut sexy red nightgown :D

cute docs might be around ;)

phone, laptop etc

IMO not worth it :angry:

only spent one night

slept most of the time :blink:

or wasn't feeling terrific :mellow:

good luck bud

speedy recovery :)

kathy

I was in the hospital for 2 days and never thought about my cell phone or IPAD.

Besides the items you listed I took undies and a pair of pajama pants and footies. Although I wore the footies the hospital provided.

I took my phone and my husband kept it with him. I took a change of undies, did not wear my bra home, and wore the same yoga pants and sweatshirt home that I wore to the hospital. And my slippers. So I didn't really pack a bag -- my clothes were in a bag that they gave me at the hospital when I changed into the gown for surgery. Like Kathy, I slept most of the time and was pretty uncomfortable all around (the bottom sheet kept coming off my bed and I had some sort of weird air bed so I was always sliding around on the mattress) but that nice little button that I pushed kept me in no pain.

Chapstick, slippers, hand cream. My skin dried out pretty good in the 24hours I was there and they make you walk every hour so my slippers were handy.

Keep it simple. You will wear the hospital gown while there. No way to change with the IV and pole attached. I wore the same clothes home I came to the hospital in and put on a fresh pair of undies. Pack some toiletries and makeup to freshen up and you're good to go. One thing I'd add is your phone, a charger and an extension cord. The only outlet in my hospital room was across the room. It came in handy! The first 24 hours I was miserable in the hospital (and was cursing everyone on BP for not warning me!) I slept most of the time and was happy to have my favorite pillow from home to snuggle up with. Good luck!

My stay was 5 days / 4 nights, i took the following: Robe, slippers, underwear, toothbrush / paste, Shampoo & conditioner, bed socks , my reading glasses, my iPhone and iPad. That's all i needed.

My stay was 5 days / 4 nights, i took the following: Robe, slippers, underwear, toothbrush / paste, Shampoo & conditioner, bed socks , my reading glasses, my iPhone and iPad. That's all i needed.

Just wondering why the long hospital stay?

Just wondering why the long hospital stay?

Hi @@tacha22001 i had some minor complications, i couldn't get any liquids down for a couple of days. Doc thought it was best to keep me there under watch until i was ok. Had the barium swallow on the 4th day which showed everything was all a.o.k. i was able to go home the following day.

Agree with OP who had a pillow to hug. You're going to want that on the drive home. I had about a 90 minute drive and was miserable and wished I had a pillow.

Edited by LisaPunkinHead

In addition to the usual underwear, lip balm, thongs/flip-flops, phone I'm taking:

- A maxi dress, instead of having a waistband in the way.

- Dry Shampoo, as I need to wash my hair every day.

Edited by mrs kaje

It seems so similar to the c section I had with my son who is now 2 I had to wear a waist band then I had thirteen staples and I did great and the band help so much with keeping everything in place so less pain hopefully this is about the same or less idk but good luck everyone