Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overnight bag? What did you pack?

In addition to the usual underwear, lip balm, thongs/flip-flops, phone I'm taking:

- A maxi dress, instead of having a waistband in the way.

- Dry Shampoo, as I need to wash my hair every day.

Maxi dress. That's a great suggestion!

I packed:

1 long sleeved T-shirt

1 short sleeved T-shirt

1 pair of sweats

1 Samsung Tablet

1 journal

1 book

1 hygiene bag

What did I actually use? Hygiene products, the short sleeved T, and the sweats. I literally slept off and on after surgery. Never turned the TV or tablet on. Slept between people coming in and out of the room, and "pee-time." I was there over night and discharged early the next afternoon.

I ended up packing the following:

fresh undies, handcream, chapstick,brush, toothbrush and toothpaste,and a bathrobe that there turned out to be no need for, slippers which i only slipped on to go home- the hospital gave me socks, my phone and a charger.

What I wish I had had and didn't was a hat for my hat hair the next day and as someone mentioned a pillow.

I had a one night stay and brought:

-Pajama pants and tank to wear under my gown (I felt more comfortable that way)

-Underwear

-Chapstick

-Cell phone and charger

-Wet Ones Wipes (I wasn't sure I would use them and they ended up being my best friend. It's hard to wash your hands after the restroom with the pulse ox on your finger, so wet wipes were a godsend!)

-Pillow

-Brush

Good luck!

Edited by I'mALoserBaby

Loose clothes coming in. You will only wear it coming in the rest of your stay will be in a hospital gown and no undies.

Most of my time there I slept but it's probably nice to have a book or laptop for down time. Luckily I had family there most of the time to keep me company.

And yes Chapstick is wonderful to have.

Also ask for a cup of ice going home. Helped me with nausea.

Way too much. I had several clothes and pajamas, kindle, soap and shower stuff, phone and charger, pillow..

The only thing I truly needed was a comfy outfit to wear home, my phone and charger and my pillow for the ride home. I didn't even open my bag for anything else. I was just an overnight stay, but even getting on my phone was a lot.

Edited by Chrystee

You all seem to be lucky with just a 1 night stay. My DR requires 2 nights plus he makes each patient walk 1 mile the day of surgery. (He makes us walk 2 miles the day before surgery.) So for me I will add in sneakers for my laps around the unit.

A mile? Wow. I was up and walking but didn't have a finite amount. I basically walked the length of the hall and back anytime I got up for the bathroom. They gave me socks with rubber on the bottom. The walking helps with the gas, to help your lungs stay healthy and circulating and to heal you faster.

what I found amusing is I had a yellow wrist and on my arm that said FALL RISK as I walked all over the place. Lol.