Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There isn't a Victoria's Secret model under there?

100lbs lost and now finding that I am just irritated with how my body looks. Yes, I know its not just about that. I get it. But right now my self esteem is not all that great. I've lost probably 75% of my once awesome thick wavy hair. My thighs are sagging, I have no boobs, and my arms are flabby. Its summer and I don't feel confident in wearing any of the stuff I can now fit in. I don't typically have body image issues...even when I was heavy but losing all the weight to feel disillusioned with how I look now is frustrating. Apparently my brain had tricked itself into thinking after I dropped all the weight underneath would be waiting a Victoria's Secret model. Silly brain.

Edited by Sarahmizzou

Word!

What I'm trying to look at is that even though I don't look great....I feel amazing! I'm all floppy when I run...but at least I don't have to fear my thigh rub starting a fire or getting a black eye from my obscenely large boobs. It's those little things that make the saggy new me a happier new me. Good luck to you...it is really hard!

I know exactly how you feel. I was a little about 25 pounds from goal when I realized that even when I hit my goal weight, I was not going to be remotely attractive in anything that didn't cover most of my body. Over the course of the last 8 months I've had 3 plastic surgeries and while I look in the mirror now and I look pretty decent, all the surgery in the world isn't going to make me a Victoria Secret model either!

I was going to chime in and say exactly what @@AvaFern said. I've had a LOT of plastics, and I do look way better than I did, but obesity and age have taken their toll. Having said that, most of the population are not VS models, or any other kind of model. That's why they get paid the big bucks - it's rare.

We have such an airbrushed society that even smart, educated, and reasonable people like me sometimes forget that most of us have a different version of beautiful bodies. We all have flaws. Once in a while I start thinking I need to fix this or that, and then I remember I am so thrilled to be a normal size and have the worst of the dripping skin removed! I tell myself to just get over myself and be thankful for what really matters....and a perfect body is not really it...just the fact that it's as good as it is, is a miracle!

Don't get me wrong a majority of the time I am constantly reminded about how good I feel physically. That is 97% of the reason I did this surgery. But that last 3% finds myself wishing my legs looked decent in a pair of shorts. I didn't do all this work to know feel insecure and have a "better than nothing" or "at least I am not fat mentality." I want my cake and to eat it too dammit! I don't want to now be insecure about the saggy skin or flabby arms, or flabby but and deflated boobs. I will probably look into plastics once I hit goal. I have heard horror stories about thigh lifts but have heard fairly good stories about brachioplasty (arm lift) and of course boob jobs.

I'm 59 and everything is deflated but a twenty something guy told me I looked good recently. I had the drippy parts covered, but it still made me feel good. All spare change going into "plastics" jar.

@

I had the procedures you mentioned in your post. I had the groin incision thigh lift twice. I didn't like the results the first time so the doctor did it a second time for free. I didn't want the big scar going down to my knee so I stuck with the lesser of the two surgeries. Results-wise I am WAY better than before and my scars the first time around evened out perfectly to nice flat scars. The second surgery was last week, lol, but I have had no healing issues and I think my doc did just as good of a job the second time around as the first.

The boobs are a plus, I would agree, and while the brachioplasty comes with the tradeoff of very visible scars, I would still have it done again. I currently have brachioplasty scar shame, largely because I've had my arms covered all winter and soon enough I'm going to have to wear short sleeves and I am concerned people will make will make fun of me. I think with a little make-up it will be ok and once I'm past initially having my scars seen, I doubt it will be an issue. The fantastic contour is worth the scars to get ride of the big bat wings.

My abdominoplasty is still the surgery that blows me away. Holy flat stomach. I have never in my life had a totally flat hard stomach and I love it. I'm still recovering from the posterior body lift and auto butt augment, but comparable to the front half, I've never had a butt that wasn't droopy looking. Plastics are the bees' knees, but with all the plastics in the world, I'm not going to grow 6 inches and have a BMI of 18 like those VS girls. Lucky b*tches! :)

@

I had the procedures you mentioned in your post. I had the groin incision thigh lift twice. I didn't like the results the first time so the doctor did it a second time for free. I didn't want the big scar going down to my knee so I stuck with the lesser of the two surgeries. Results-wise I am WAY better than before and my scars the first time around evened out perfectly to nice flat scars. The second surgery was last week, lol, but I have had no healing issues and I think my doc did just as good of a job the second time around as the first.

The boobs are a plus, I would agree, and while the brachioplasty comes with the tradeoff of very visible scars, I would still have it done again. I currently have brachioplasty scar shame, largely because I've had my arms covered all winter and soon enough I'm going to have to wear short sleeves and I am concerned people will make will make fun of me. I think with a little make-up it will be ok and once I'm past initially having my scars seen, I doubt it will be an issue. The fantastic contour is worth the scars to get ride of the big bat wings.

My abdominoplasty is still the surgery that blows me away. Holy flat stomach. I have never in my life had a totally flat hard stomach and I love it. I'm still recovering from the posterior body lift and auto butt augment, but comparable to the front half, I've never had a butt that wasn't droopy looking. Plastics are the bees' knees, but with all the plastics in the world, I'm not going to grow 6 inches and have a BMI of 18 like those VS girls. Lucky b*tches! :)

I know I will need this stuff done after my weight loss. Please tell me to butt out if I am being too nosey, but how do you pay for all of the surgery, because when I looked into it, it was so much money I got discouraged thinking I would never be able to do that! Any advice would be helpful. :)

@

No matter if you are obese, overweight, average or underweight you are beautiful and you were wonderfully made. I know society makes us feel like we are not normal but you are above normal. I dont know you personally but i do know that each and everyone of us is special and made for purpose. Screw society and their models. They are liars and con artists. Be free from the visuals around us. I know I sound like a tree hugger but I know how you feel even though i have only started my journey. i have lost weight and gained weight and been on this rollercoaster since childhood and one thing I have come to terms with is I dont want to be a model and i dont want to be perfect. Perfect is boring.

@ wow i seriously could have written this post. Yes, we did it for our health ultimately and I can't express how grateful I am for that! but I'm having serious issues with liking my body now. I love being thinner but I feel like I just look deflated. I have horrible bat wings and can't wear all the cute sleeveless tops that I thought I would. No bathing suit for sure. My butt now looks like a pancake! and theres a jiggly thing under my chin. I look older and I always had a baby face. I had to cut off my waist length thick hair because most of it fell out and it was uneven and looked sooooo bad! All I can think to do now is kick up the exercise and do lots of muscle toning because this is not gonna work out and I can't afford plastic surgery. :( but really I am so happy about feeling better and getting 100 lbs off of me!

Just wanted to say that I bet you notice those flabby bits more than anyone else. I have a friend that i know had lap band 10 years ago, long before I met her. She lost 200lbs. She does have the saggy skin/bat wings on her arms and thighs, but I only noticed because I knew she had the surgery. I have discussed with others that she had lap band (it's not a secret, she doesn't care if people know) and everyone single one has been shocked. They NEVER NOTICED any of the saggy skin and thought she was naturally thin. Even my husband, who is very observant, hadn't noticed. So really, try to remember that although you know it's there no one else is paying attention or bothered by it.

You need to watch the 'Botched' TV show episode about the gal who loss much weight, and was using many special garments to hold everything in. Post surgery, the results were stunning.

-RC-