Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it me or hiccups hurt a lot!! Lord have mercy!! ????????????????

@@agalindo17

lol Its just a good indicator to slow down or stop eating

All I had is liquids and I feel like I'm full of them but still thirsty :/

I got hiccups several times right after surgery before they had given me anything to drink. Omg they hurt so bad!!!

I have had them a few times, and yep, they are big loud hiccups! I only hiccupped a couple of times and then they stopped. I think mine were from taking too big of sips, or sips too close together... it is the only time I have had them.

I only had the hiccups the day I was released from surgery. I didn't think they would ever stop... even though the episode only lasted a few minutes. It took me days to get over the pain.

I had them last night after I ate too fast at dinner. They were loud and painful and taught me to slow down again!!

Yeah I guess even with liquids u have to slow down lol :P

I get hiccups every time I eat too much, too quickly, or food that's too dry. They are usually followed by a trip to the bathroom to get rid of whatever's stuck. Not in a bulimic way, just in a clear-the-blockage way. By the way, drinking something doesn't fix it, it just piles the Water on top of the blockage. Even 9 months out, this happens a couple of times a week. It's not terrible, just a little inconvenient. But it's a good reminder to chew, chew, chew, and to stop before getting too full.

I get them also but they don't hurt. I have been trying to evaluate the times I get them and it seems if I eat too fast I will get them. So I'm slowing down and staying conscience of my eating and drinking. Sorry your hurt.

I get hiccups every time I eat too much, too quickly, or food that's too dry. They are usually followed by a trip to the bathroom to get rid of whatever's stuck. Not in a bulimic way, just in a clear-the-blockage way. By the way, drinking something doesn't fix it, it just piles the Water on top of the blockage. Even 9 months out, this happens a couple of times a week. It's not terrible, just a little inconvenient. But it's a good reminder to chew, chew, chew, and to stop before getting too full.

The Only reason it hurts to me is because I just had surgery on the 23rd fresh baby tommy :P

Rigoflum, how do you throw up? I got some food hung up and it would not come up or go down. Finally after a few hours and sipping watt it slowly went down but the pain was terrible and I still hurt and I am sore

Okay, I know this is a disgusting topic but... two fingers down the throat does the trick. Again, I emphasize – not in a bulimic kind of way. This is very occasional, and only to clear an obstruction. I'm not trying to get rid of any "bad food" I've eaten. It's usually caused by some dry chicken or pork, or even kidney Beans. Actually, the last bite that puts me over the edge is often green veggies that land on top of the stuck Protein and pile up. Somehow, when I get to the last bite of my meal, I mentally move on, so I forget to chew it thoroughly. And that's when it happens. Okay, so here's the "good" part.... Since the food has never made it down to my stomach, there are no stomach acids on it and it's not too gross coming back up. It's not nearly as gross as what I've just written! :wacko: