Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to vent...4 weeks out and very stalled

I had surgery on February 2nd and lost 21 pounds in the first 2 weeks which is amazing however since then my scale has not moved at all. It keeps stable between 238 & 239. I know that a stall is normal but it is driving me crazy and making me regret the surgery. I know the scale plays mind games so I only weigh myself once a week. Any advice how to deal with a stall emotionally?

I had mine on 2/17 and I lost 19.5 lbs in the first couple of weeks. I also have stalled for the past 5 days. I am hoping to return to work next week which I hope to help increase my exercise level. Any other suggestions would be great as well. I'm in the purred phase.

I had surgery on February 2nd and lost 21 pounds in the first 2 weeks which is amazing however since then my scale has not moved at all. It keeps stable between 238 & 239. I know that a stall is normal but it is driving me crazy and making me regret the surgery. I know the scale plays mind games so I only weigh myself once a week. Any advice how to deal with a stall emotionally?

My Surgery was 12/30. I have been stalled for the last 5 weeks. Lose a pound, gain 2, lose a pound, just staying the same. I feel like I am the Poster Child for "Failure". Afraid to go to the Dr. at the end of the Month. Will not be meeting his Weight Goal if things keep going this way!

It's so frustrating, isn't it? I was expecting one the first few weeks because I had read so much about "The Dreaded 3 Week Stall". What I WASN'T expecting were several more after that, including a long ugly one I'm in the middle of right now. If you are following your program, drinking lots if Water, and getting some exercise, it will pass. Doesn't make it any less infuriating though, does it??

My advice: give your body time to catch up! 21 lbs is a huge amount of weight to lose in two little weeks. Trust me you do not want to lose weight that rapidly constantly. Sound good but you would be a hot mess. Relax! Keep working your plan.

OMG I lost 27 lbs on the 2 week pre op and 2 week post op. Then the next 3 weeks I lost 4 lbs. I was so upset! My body just stopped losing. Then it kicked in again. At 5 months, I was down 80 lbs. Don't worry. We are all unique. You will lose the weight, I promise.

I, too am two weeks post op and have been at a stall on weight loss for the past week. It sounds like this is normal so I won't get too alarmed. It is frustrating but will hang in there.

Increase your food and exercise daily. The weight loss will resume

Everyone stalls. I too stalled my third week through the sixth week... I too though what the hell!!! How can you eat 6-800 cal a day and not lose. It seems ludicrous for sure.

I am now 8 months post op today and I am 100lbs down since surgery and 145 lbs down since I saw the surgeon the first time... Only 14 lbs away from bring in the 100's.

I agree... I was working out at this point and increasing my calories a bit did help. For sure

Everyone stalls. I too stalled my third week through the sixth week... I too though what the hell!!! How can you eat 6-800 cal a day and not lose. It seems ludicrous for sure.

I am now 8 months post op today and I am 100lbs down since surgery and 145 lbs down since I saw the surgeon the first time... Only 14 lbs away from bring in the 100's.

I agree... I was working out at this point and increasing my calories a bit did help. For sure

Seems contrary, but it does work. The body slows down due to the lower caloric intake. You have to spark it by increasing them.

Thank you for responding. I appreciate your sharing your journey. I will follow your advice.

I am in the EXACT same situation. Down to our surgery date being the same! My sx date was also 2/2. My highest weight was 302. I was 290 on the day of surgery. And I am currently 263-265. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with my weight loss this far! But I have only lost about a pound in the last 2 weeks. I am sticking to my program and doing everything I'm supposed to. I'm having a lot of anxiety about seeing my surgeon. My apt is on the 18th and I think he is expecting me to have lost more weight by then. And I am nervous about feeling embarrassed. It's very frustrating because I do not know what more I can do, or what else on earth I have left to sacrifice for this. I'm trying to wait it out and have faith. It's just so hard. I knew that stalls were a thing before getting the sx, it's just different when you're actually in the throws of one.

Good luck to you! May we break our stalls soon!

I'm a year out , lost 100 pounds ! Had many stalls .I averaged 2 lbs week then it just stopped. Now I have to exercise to lose it.