Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for surgery date...

I've been waiting and waiting for my surgery to be scheduled. I am so upset. I haven't been sleeping (when I do I have nightmares) and I just wait by my phone all day for the call.

I have called them multiple times and always get some excuse... " we'll call within the week", etc.

I am extremely non-confrontational (nervous and sensitive) so I can't continuously call. :(

How long did everyone have to wait between finishing all pre-surgery requirements and getting a surgery date?

I really imagined I would have at least a date by now since I started the process in early December.

I had the same problem then now i change the my dr i am waiting to finished my paperwork at the new dr the said maybe in two week i will have date hun call your and said to them if they are to busy u going to look to another dr how can have time to u .. Good luck

Mine was turned over to insurance last week. I have been glued to the phone just waiting for word. I feel like I am losing my mind too......

Our Drs office gave us projected dates on our first visit (4/23). My husband and I are doing it together on same date. We have just finished our last visit with nutritionist/dietician. My husbands insurance covers surgery, which is not my primary insurance-- so I'm going through the waiting process with my insurance, who doesn't cover procedure, so we can submit to his insurer. Hopefully, everything will stay on track with that date.

Well must be good juju to post! Got my surgery date... March 20th!!!! I begin liquid on Saturday. So much waiting and now super fast turn around. So excited but also very nervous!!

You must be relieved to be able to plan ahead.

I called the insurance company this afternoon and found out that i was approved but the doctors office doesnt even know yet. Now have to wait for them to call me and schedule an appt with the surgeon. That appt is when i will get my date. Am hoping for mid april.

I started the process at the end of January and I was hoping that by mid March I would have a surgery date. Unfortunately, I still have to complete a stress test and then get cleared from my pcp. I am hoping that I get sleeved by the end of April. Fingers crossed ????

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches