Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else addicted to this show? Ever since my surgery I can't stop watching it!

I prefer Fat Doctors. It's a BBC show that's available on Hulu. I feel like it's a bit more positive and hopeful.

I prefer Fat Doctors. It's a BBC show that's available on Hulu. I feel like it's a bit more positive and hopeful.

Ooh, I love Shaw Somers!

Fat Doctors is way better. It's available on Hulu, btw. The patients on Fat Doctors are also a little closer to average weight of most pre-op patients. So I think you end up with stories that more people can relate to.

I've never heard of fat doctors. I need to look for it!

I love my 600 lb life! I love watching their journey. ..there are some episodes that make me so mad though! Like when they keep eating McDonald's etc and never lose anything :(

I like my 600# life. I have also started watching My Big Fat Surgery in the last few days, but I haven't made up my mind about it yet. I am so glad I am not the only one who watches these shows!

Never heard of it... now I am curious. I am watching it right now.

I also have a hard time not getting mad at the ones who don't lose any weight after surgery!

I only just discovered this program. Makes me more determined to stay on program with my Sleeve. I watched one program & couldn't get over the woman arguing with the doctor as to why she wasn't losing weight. If you aren't going to listen to your doctor then why put yourself thru the surgery.

I've never heard of fat doctors. I need to look for it!

I watched an episode yesterday that had me shouting at my TV. A woman had gastric sleeve, same surgery as me, and she was having a slice of raisin bread for Breakfast. That was it. Just a toasted slice of raisin bread. I was like "WHERE'S THE F'ING Protein?!?!?!?!" And I did NOT censor myself! She seriously thinks bread with cinnamon , sugar, and raisins is an acceptable meal?!?! And this is what she's eating when the cameras are on her. What is she eating when the cameras AREN'T rolling?

The 600LB Life Show is interesting but I wish it went into showing the mental side of this and that many of these people need some serious theraphy. Not just diet and excercise. I worry about the message it send to people at time as well. However, I still keep watching :)

I'll have to check out the BBC show FatDoctors.

I just watched "My Big Fat Operation" on the Discovery Life channel (channel 261). It was a good show and did show the mental side to surgery. I was a little aggravated that one girl celebrated her 3 month mark by enjoying cocktails at a bar. There was no mention that you shouldn't consume alcohol after surgery. It leads others to believe that it is a normal part of post op life.

I,too, find the 600 lb life series oddly addicting...

Being on the other side of surgery adds a fascinating component to it

I do not however pretend to know what life is like at an ultra morbidly obese weight. It appears very hard and socially confining.

Odd that the outings they show for the clients pre surgery are almost all to the GROCERY store... With choices that show how addicting horrible food can be.

I am so thankful to be removed from the head-hunger-overeat-repeat cycle that I thank bariatric surgery !????