Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery was January 20th. Everything went really well. I had some issues initially getting in all of my liquids and Protein. My NUT wants me to get 60-64 grams of protein a day. I've been hitting that plus close to 64-72 ounces of Fluid a day. I'm still on full liquids. I lost 7 pounds at my 6 day post op visit and now NOTHING! I started exercising this week and have made it to the gym 3 times this week in addition to increasing my walking! I'm assuming this is the 3 week stall, but I'm only 2 weeks postop. Did anybody have issues right out of the gate like this? I'm getting super paranoid I'm not going to lose anymore weight!!!!

My surgery was Jan 19. I've only lost seven lbs since. Saw Dr today assured me when I start eating food the lbs will come off. Man I hope so.

Thanks! It's just so frustrating because I'm taking in next to nothing for calories and my weight is not changing!!!! I start puréed on the 10th! I'm hoping things will get moving!!! I just needed a little encouragement!

I totally hear you. I'm just starting to get back to exercising. I have lyme disease and the fatigue has been kicking my butt. I'm hoping that between the food and the increased movement the metabolism will roll. I see other folks who are dropping pounds like raindrops and i want me some of that.

Also think about the amount of fluids you're pumping into your body (as you should be). All that Water has a LOT of weight. When we don't eat solids, our bodies hold on to more of that water. So while you may not be losing weight, you sure as hell are losing fat.

Edited by Smye

I started exercising at least 30 minutes a day(After 2 weeks, I'm about 3 weeks out now) and it finally moved the scale from 257 to 251. I was stuck at 257 for almost a week following surgery but I started working out at the gym, taking the stairs at school, and walking around campus.

*Knocks on wood* I really hope things keep moving but I know stalls are inevitable. I do try to add in all my Protein and fluids even if it means eating 5-6 small meals a day. I've found cans and pouches of tuna/chicken with seasoning to be a quick lifesaver/timesaver.

I lost 7 pounds my first week and only 0.4 my second week. Don't stress about it. I know it's frustrating. I was frustrated too, but I promise you that in the grand scheme of things, it's meaningless. The scale will move down. You will lose weight. This isn't a race. If it takes you 6 months or 16 months to get to your goal, what does it matter? You WILL get there!

You guys are great. It's hard to get out of my head because this is how every diet I've ever done has gone. I lose and then a massive stop and nothing. I just get paranoid. It's silly I know. The logical part of my brain knows that this time things are different, however the emotional part is not so easily swayed! I really appreciate the encouragement from all of you.????

I know exactly how you feel. I was so excited the first week out. I was losing every day. Now that I'm on week 2, I haven't lost a pound and actually gained 2 pounds. Now I'm depressed and the liquids are starting to get to me. Still have another 11 days of liquids, but whose counting.

I know exactly how you feel. I was so excited the first week out. I was losing every day. Now that I'm on week 2, I haven't lost a pound and actually gained 2 pounds. Now I'm depressed and the liquids are starting to get to me. Still have another 11 days of liquids, but whose counting.

I was 257 for days and my weight also increased by a couple of pounds post op!

I grew increasingly frustrated! (Still am but I know I just have to keep going and be patient, I didn't gain in one day so I sure as heck won't lose it in one, lol)

I just want to chew something! It's so frustrating!

I have my follow up next week and I am really excited to be off puree foods yet afraid my surgeon might tell me I need to transition to soft foods, etc. (After discharge my surgeon moves you straight to puree foods)

Surgery 1/15 and I'm only down 9 pounds. I'm starting to get upset as well. 269

My 3 week stall started at 2.5 weeks post op

more than likely you are still swollen from the surgery and retaining Water. Your body just went through a lot of trauma. The weight will come off just have to be patient and let your body get us to the new stomach. easier said than done I know... I have to keep telling myself that everyday!!

Sleeved 1/19 at 261.8 today 253. Are you counting cals Protein or both ? I'm so confused and discouraged

You should only be worried about counting Protein and Water at this point. There is no way you are eating "too many" calories only a month out from surgery. But not getting enough Water and protein can really slow things down.

Don't be discouraged. I too am a "slow loser", but I have found many advantages in that over the past several months. The weight IS coming off and, while I'm not going to make my goal weight in 6 months or less like some people, I will make it eventually. In the mean time, I'm not having to spend a fortune on clothes or having to explain to everyone in my life how I'm losing weight so fast, so that's been nice. I've also had more time for my skin to adjust to the weight loss and to mentally adjust as well.