Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2015 gastric bypass surgery

I just had my surgery on the 23rd of Jan. It went very well. Only I keep getting stomach pains. Does anyone get pains? I'm hoping they will go away soon. It can be very uncomfortable even though it comes and goes.

Edited by leemcel

Some of the pain may be due to gas; walking sure helps as does sipping fluids slowly. I'm 12 days post-op and once the gas started dissipating, the discomfort was greatly relieved.

It feels like something is stuck in my stomach whatever I eat or drink. Does this go away eventually or will it always feel this way after surgery? I'm also tired all the time. food doesn't taste as good either for some reason. From what I read all this seems normal, but it still bothers me.

I also had my surgery on January 23 and I have the pains all the time. It is definitely gas. I hope it is temporary. I would hate to think it would always be this way. So far all of the liquids I have tried have agreed with with and just today I discovered Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt with 12 g of Protein and only 7 g of sugar so I blended it with 8 oz of 1% milk for an awesome 20 g Of Protein Drink that tastes better than the Boost Glucose Control I've been drinking. I am looking forward to February 1 when I add puréed carrots, butternut squash and sweet potato. ????. Pat

I had my surgery on 1/6. The most pain that I had was from gas. Once the gas started coming out, I felt so much better!

I had my surgery Jan 16. It went very well. No pain, except for what every has mentioned... Gas pains. Which get better with time and walking helps a lot. I'm a little over three weeks and I'm soon tired of puréed foods!! I know for sure I'm not drinking as much liquids as I should , nor enough Protein either. I'm just not hungry at all. The irony , eating is what got me to here in the First place! Lol. How is everyone doing with the eating process so far? On Wednesday, I see my doc and hopefully he'll move me to the next stage.

I also had my surgery on January 23 and I have the pains all the time. It is definitely gas. I hope it is temporary. I would hate to think it would always be this way. So far all of the liquids I have tried have agreed with with and just today I discovered Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt with 12 g of Protein and only 7 g of sugar so I blended it with 8 oz of 1% milk for an awesome 20 g Of Protein drink that tastes better than the Boost Glucose Control I've been drinking. I am looking forward to February 1 when I add puréed carrots, butternut squash and sweet potato. . Pat

Are you on pureed foods now? I have to eat pureed food real slow or it still hurts when it goes down. I've adding the Yoplait 100 calorie greek yogurt to my Protein shakes. I like the Quest Protein Bars also.

My weight loss is going slow than I was hoping for. I guess I should try not to weigh myself every day, that might help

My weight loss is going a lot slower that I had hope it would. I guess I just had it in my head that the weight would just drop off real fast. I guess I should stop weighing myself every single day also.

I had surgery on 1/6. I took 6 weeks off for recovery, and was back at work last Monday. Things are going amazingly well. No complications, no dumping, no vomiting, no nothing. I work out 5-6 days per week, and actually look forward to the gym.

The hardest thing so far is the head hunger. I had some success last week navigating serious food temptations at work, but I was prepared for them and kept my hands to myself. But I fantasize about bad foods all the time and I occasionally put things in the grocery cart that I know are bad choices. So far, I have always come to my senses and put them back, but the fantasies of bad foods rear their heads every few days.

I am mostly satisfied with my weight loss so far - it's certainly more than I've ever lost through other means - but I am so anxious to have it GONE that it's hard to be patient. I see some of my surgery buddies and those after me that have lost more than me, and it's hard not to be envious even though I know we're all on our own journey.

One thing I did to help with this is to start using an iPhone app called "Everyday". The idea is to take a selfie of your face every day, and turn it into a timelapse video. I started about a month before surgery, and I don't take one every day by any stretch so I don't know that the movie will ever look like anything interesting. But I look at photos of my face on surgery day vs. today and I am shocked and thrilled to find angles where before there was only roundness. So there's that.