Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To hospital or not? Help

I am sitting here debating wether to go to the hospital. I have been up most of the night with horrible cramps in my stomach and it hasn't subsided completely. My stomach feels really sore and aches like I got punched. It burns like there is acid inside.

I'm weak and dehydrated at this point and just not thriving. I feel like it may be a good idea to go to the hospital and see if they can run some tests to make sure everything is okay with me, and at the least give me fluids. I'm not throwing up, just this stomach pain and cramps.

What sucks is the hospital I need to go to is three hours away. :( it's a long drive, I have no family or friends there and I need to go alone. If they don't keep me overnight I'll have to stay in a hotel which I really can't afford at the moment. Sigh

Any thoughts?

It's probably best to go to the doctor but I did just remember that this happened to me, too! It's been a while now. I felt like I had gotten kicked in the stomach. It was AWFUL! and It was nothing. lol. It was either gas or just the food getting stuck in there. But, better to be safe than sorry. At around the 6 month mark, expect a new set of pain--it felt like there was broken glass in my stomach but apparently that is just the last of the staples dissolving! lol Weird.

I'd call the Doc first, and then go where they tell you. I am far from my surgery center as well, and it is always a great fear that I will have to go there with an emergency. Please let us know how you are doing. There are a lot of us who worry about these events. Hang in there.

I agree with esskay77 that you should go but call your doctor first to get their opinion. Best of luck and let us know the outcome.

Bellabloom,

Did you call your doctor today, if not I would asap. If the same tomorrow, go to the er. You don't want anything serious to happen to you. You have been doing so well, don't mess it up! I read your posts. Not a stalker! Good luck.

Maggie0210

I called my doctor last week and they said go ahead and go to the hospital but it was a three hour drive and I had to find someone to watch my children.

I called today and let them know that I am going in. They said okay that's what they want me to do.

I basically have felt for days like there is fire in my stomach. It's up high right under my ribs, a cramping, burning, wave like sensation and is not getting better at all. It's worse if I lay down.

I am at the er waiting to get brought in. My doctor said they will run tests and hydrate me as I can eat or drink.

Stomach pain has been an ongoing issue for me but never this extreme. I don't want to end up with a major emergency far away from my surgeon so I figured better safe than sorry when it wouldn't let up.

It's three hours but it could mean my life and future Health so I came in. Hopefully it nothing!!!!!! But it feels pretty narly right now.

I take narcotics for my back daily and even those aren't making any difference in the pain whatsoever. It's definitely not gas pain, it feels totally different than that felt.

Could be I have something stuck but I would think that would have resolved by now. Let's hope that's what it is.

I went to the er. I have gallstones. I'm five weeks out so its early but I have lost 40 pounds so well, it happens. Will be in hospital the rest of the week having it out!!!

I had my gallbladder removed 6 months exactly sfter my gastric bypass due to rapid weight loss its common so if you need gallbladder removed let then do it & the recovery is only 2wks down if that & you eill feel much better. I felt all of what you are feeling plus thought i was having a heart attack all at same time, those are all symptoms of gallbladder attack so wishing you a speedy recovery..im on fb as sherri landers scheffler if you have any ?? I may be able to help with Good luck & hang in there it grts better.

I was just so surprised to develop this in only 6 weeks!!

I noticed you had another forum post wanting to loose quicker or at a higher rate. The. I saw this post and couldn't help wonder if you have been following the guidance of your dr/nut in the food phases. If you haven't and your attempting to do this solo on your own path the. Maybe you ate something that your tummy wasn't ready for yet :( either way a call to the dr and trip to the er without wasting time might be in order in case there have been any complications. Wishing you happy healing!

It can happen & sometimes it may have been going but weight loss helped it along,we really dont need a gallbladder to function

I noticed you had another forum post wanting to loose quicker or at a higher rate. The. I saw this post and couldn't help wonder if you have been following the guidance of your dr/nut in the food phases. If you haven't and your attempting to do this solo on your own path the. Maybe you ate something that your tummy wasn't ready for yet :( either way a call to the dr and trip to the er without wasting time might be in order in case there have been any complications. Wishing you happy healing!

I totally follow my food plan and then some. I have never tried to eat anything off plan. I chew and chew and struggle sometimes with pacing like everyone else

This was not a food issue and sometimes I think we are too quick to think it is something we did off our "diet!" Nope. I have gallstones.

And I didn't think asking about keeping my great weightloss going is wrong- who doesn't want to keep their weightloss going? I was hoping people had ideas about keeping the momentum up and not hitting stalls. And yes, in WANT to lose weight fast, don't you?

Of course I confer with my doctor and nut. But they are three hours away so I can't just pop over to see them. I follow my restrictions ( which are few at this point ) to the letter and I don't even eat the carbs I am allowed. That's why my weightloss had been awesome so far. And I am eager to keep going.

I called my doctor first and they said go to the hospital. But I am a single mom with no family near and no one to watch my children. I assumed I drank Water too fast, even though it actually wasn't that fast. I waited through the weekend to see if things improved. It became excruciating so I went the three hours to the hospital.

Like is said before your post I have gallstones and need my gallbladder removed. Sigh. Did you read my post?

Sorry I'm just grumpy. I appreciate your thoughts. I didn't sleep all night and now I'm going to have another surgery just six weeks from my last one. But yes, I follow the rules. It isn't my fault this is happening. On the bright side? Guess I'm going to lose more weight this week

Except for the extra large pizza and chili dog I ate yesterday followed by a pint of whisky

Edited by bellabloom

I think Athena3127 was just asking some questions to get more information, not judging. It sounds like you are following the plan and doing really well. And now that you know it's gall bladder issues, case solved! I also need to have my gall bladder out but need to get it scheduled soon. I don't ever want to deal with that pain again!!!!

I think Athena3127 was just asking some questions to get more information, not judging. It sounds like you are following the plan and doing really well. And now that you know it's gall bladder issues, case solved! I also need to have my gall bladder out but need to get it scheduled soon. I don't ever want to deal with that pain again!!!!

Did you have gallbladder pain and then it went away?? They didn't give me the option of waiting. This pain is excruciating it feels like my ouch grew razor sharp teeth. Did they give you a medication or something? I'm just so bummed it has to happen so fast. Four new incisions right on top of my old ones and more time off work. I'm basically broke right now, I've had to take so much time off and I own my own business so if I don't work money doesn't get made. I hate being away from work for so long and it's just totally frustrating. My kids miss me, I miss them, my arms got jabbed with huge f**king needle five times last night and once this morning, and again I barely slept. No food at all for toe whole days and now I can't even have Water.

Right now I. Not a happy girl.

Thanks everyone for your comments I appreciate your support. You too Athena , it's been a rough couple days.

Edited by bellabloom

Bellabloom,

This is awful fast for gallstones. You poor thing, another surgery so soon. Hope you feel better real soon. As far as your weight loss, I think you are right in schedule. Don't try to rush it, believe me it will start melting off. My thoughts are with you, recover soon. I think the worst part is being in the hospital. Sticking you with needles, waking you up, if you ever get to sleep. And those extremely uncomfortable beds. Not to mention the crazy roommates. Can't wait for the pain to go away and you to feel better.

God bless.

Maggie0210